• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Another Music Icon Dies

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Just seen on the wires that Bowie has croaked from cancer...

An odd chap in many respects but he pushed the boundaries in many areas of music and fashion.

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Holy cow.....was never a massive fan but did like some of his music....RIP Major Tom.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
he kept that Cancer thing quiet, I must say.

Didn't he just release another album?

Umbo

SAC
Lemmy, Bowie, not the musical start to 2016 I would have wished for. The album was released last Friday!
RIP.

Sent from my iPad Pro using My fingers

A young student I used to know went to interview Bowie for a fanzine. Realising this chap was nervous and had very little experience of interviewing people, DB cleared his diary and spent the afternoon giving the student an extended tutorial on conducting interviews and writing them up. The resulting copy was an ambitious young fellow's dream. Good luck on the next stage of the Big Adventure, Ziggy, and mind the spiders! (We took over a dog called Ziggy once - a right little s0d she was.)

Digzster

Sergeant
Bu**er ! Another of my childhood "Heroes" (pardon the pun) bitten the dust.

This just reinforces that I'm not too far behind them.

Thanks DB for making my youth such a great time.