• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anarchy in the USA

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The orange man child has finally lost the plot.

Trump supporting nut jobs storm the senate staggering pictures on CNN, BBC etc in a banana republic it would be described as a coup, madness from the MAGA brigade. God knows how the police are going to shift them from the building given the numbers

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Perhaps the UN need to send in Iraqi Forces to help stabalise the country, then ensure future elections are monitored by the Belarus President, who seems to be quite skilled at winning an election with far less votes than his rivals.

What a Sh!t show - Trump and his swivel-eyed loons are an embarrassment to democracy and freedom.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
The frightening thing is that some of these people will have easy access to some serious firepower and, as with all such events, restoring order will depend upon the relevant forces (police, national guard, federal forces etc) deciding that the rule of law requires them to uphold the published results of the election and not that there has been some gerrymandering which requires them to side with those challenging the published results.

This is a very sad day indeed for western democracies, but also a warning about what could happen in any major power if sufficient numbers feel disenfranchised.

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
The frightening thing is that some of these people will have easy access to some serious firepower and, as with all such events, restoring order will depend upon the relevant forces (police, national guard, federal forces etc) deciding that the rule of law requires them to uphold the published results of the election and not that there has been some gerrymandering which requires them to side with those challenging the published results.

This is a very sad day indeed for western democracies, but also a warning about what could happen in any major power if sufficient numbers feel disenfranchised.
The MAGA boys have had all they wanted. Then again most of them are as thick as pigs. Lenny out of Mice and Men.

4mastacker

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Some unbelievable scenes. Isn't there something in the US Presidential Oath about preserving, protecting and defending the Constitution of the United States? Bigly fail on the part of the Trump there then - is that grounds for impeachment?

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Pence is being asked to invoke the 25th...which states the current President is unfit to be in office. Arguably this should have been done 3.5 years ago as he’s a fecking lunatic.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Strange scenes, but in a country that has the most devisive and segregated culture, in a democratic nation, it isn’t so surprising that this happens.

Denigrating, dismissing and criminalising the opinions of these ‘protestors’ won’t achieve anything other than retrenchment, increased division and potentially future violence.

Just about everything the Democrats have done has led to polarisation of the Donald and those who are attracted to his politics, the language that Biden has used in the past 12 hours has been just as emotional and inciting as any that Trump has used. In 13 days time Biden will be in the Whitehouse, Trump will become an ineffectual talking voice but millions of people will feel left behind.

What scares me is that cops/security in no immediate danger had guns drawn and the riot uniforms these guys wear looks so similar to those in less democratic nations.

spanners

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Democracy is the real victim here.

I'm concerned that this maybe the start of similar actions around the globe.

Look at the reactions to the Brexit Referendum and the Scottish Indie Vote to name 2 close to home.

Social media is full of folk not respecting or accepting the end vote.

As I live in Scotland, I've noticed that there is a division between the indie & union camps, and the wedge is being hammered down even further.

Could what has happened in the US happen here...... you bet it could

Grand Prix fanatic..
Just about everything the Democrats have done has led to polarisation of the Donald and those who are attracted to his politics, the language that Biden has used in the past 12 hours has been just as emotional and inciting as any that Trump has used.
I watched Biden last night make his speech. If you really think that his language was inciting, there is something wrong with you. Mitch McConnnell and Mike Pence were of a similar pitch afterwards.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
There must be something wrong with me then, perhaps the ability to be critical of both sides at the same time isnt the positive skill I thought it was.

Biden’s later speech, much like Pence’s, were more carefully crafted. However, how will Biden win over these protestors if he calls their protest an insurrection, especially when it was the usual rent a ready mob who formed the bulk of those that crossed the peaceful protest line.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Anyone else wonder what the reaction of the police would have been had a bunch of Black Lives Matter protestors stormed the Senate instead of a bunch of white gun-toting swivel-eyed racists?

I'd lay good money the death toll would have been more than 4, and I'd lay good money that the number of guns carried by the BLM group would be a fraction of what was carried yesterday.

Racist, Devisive, Incompetent. I give you the 45th President of the ununited states of america.

E Flammis

LAC
Abraham Lincoln quote:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Grand Prix fanatic..
There must be something wrong with me then, perhaps the ability to be critical of both sides at the same time isnt the positive skill I thought it was.

Biden’s later speech, much like Pence’s, were more carefully crafted. However, how will Biden win over these protestors if he calls their protest an insurrection, especially when it was the usual rent a ready mob who formed the bulk of those that crossed the peaceful protest line.
Alas maybe it is your life story. It was an insurrection. It was the right wing nut jobs, the US EDL crowd. Like the trouble makers we saw at football clubs in the 80s in the UK . People of the same mentality. Bidens speech was straight out of his brain. For someone that has a known stammer issue, it was professional indeed. The rent a crowd was the MAGA , proud boys and other fruit cakes bred by a man with no morals. Biden has no chance to fix this mess, Harris may.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
I think we need to look at the role of social media in all this and the impact it is having on forming opinions, how can it be regulated without it becoming censored. If the Youtube/Facebook algorithms can be programmed to deliver more of the same then surely it can be set up to give you the odd contra view or news piece or comment.

I don’t think it’s ageist to say that those at the top of the Democratic and Republican parties need to step aside and let the next generation have a chance of fixing things, hopefully for the better, the current old guard on both sides have failed and need to move on.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Trump's picked himself up a permanent ban from Twitter now. I must admit than when he first started using the platform to get his point across and circumnavigating the media, I thought the outbursts were the work of a satirical artist and not the vernacular of a supposed 'Statesman'.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I think we need to look at the role of social media in all this.
The clanky mechanisms of government haven't caught up with the phenomena of Social media. The ability to get an opinion, any opinion, out there to the masses in a click and bypassing all the old world checks and balances is something the system of government is still trying to grasp. To strike the right balance between free speech and spouting plain old lies and attempting to fact check every tweet, post, utterance, is a conundrum yet to be solved. At the core is the question. Are social media companies platforms for your views or publishers of your views? If they are publishers they assume responsibility for whats posted if they are mere platforms the responsibility falls to the poster (probably). Section 230 in the USA

"Section 230 says that "No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider" In other words, online intermediaries that host or republish speech are protected against a range of laws that might otherwise be used to hold them legally responsible for what others say and do."

Mustang

Corporal
I don’t think it’s ageist to say that those at the top of the Democratic and Republican parties need to step aside and let the next generation have a chance of fixing things, hopefully for the better, the current old guard on both sides have failed and need to move on.
Not just in the US, but the election of a president who would not be out of place in Jurassic Park is a bit too far.
As far as age is concerned both France and Austria have a much younger President/Bundeskanzler.