• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Amputee asked to prove disability

S

scoobyroo

Im lost for words!!! Rare I know, but.............well................:pDT_Xtremez_25:

Last edited:

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
The driver should lose his bloody job for that plain and simple. What the fcuk is this country coming to, you get in the sh1t for having a go a freaks and Muslims but it's okay to humiliate an OBVIOUSLY disabled man :pDT_Xtremez_17: Britain just gets fcuking worse !

Soon To Leave

Proud To Serve
I think the bus driver was right in what he did by not discriminating (positively or negatively) against/for the 'disabled' man. Just because he had his legs amputated the driver is not medically qualified to assess his motability. There are people that have no legs that can walk with the aid of prosthetics. Likewise there are people with legs that can't walk.

The driver is required to check that passengers receiving concessions are entitled to them and they have the necessary pass. If an inspector had boarded the bus and the 'disabled' man didn't have his pass, the driver could possibly been sacked. In the event of injury, the passenger, not having purchased a ticket and not being in possession of his pass would probably not be covered by insurance.

They are given a pass for a reason and they should feel compelled to show it to the driver, just as we show our F1250 to the guard/MGS even if they know us and/or see us walk in every day.

C

Chuffybum

I think the bus driver was right in what he did by not discriminating (positively or negatively) against/for the 'disabled' man. Just because he had his legs amputated the driver is not medically qualified to assess his motability. There are people that have no legs that can walk with the aid of prosthetics. Likewise there are people with legs that can't walk.

The driver is required to check that passengers receiving concessions are entitled to them and they have the necessary pass. If an inspector had boarded the bus and the 'disabled' man didn't have his pass, the driver could possibly been sacked. In the event of injury, the passenger, not having purchased a ticket and not being in possession of his pass would probably not be covered by insurance.

They are given a pass for a reason and they should feel compelled to show it to the driver, just as we show our F1250 to the guard/MGS even if they know us and/or see us walk in every day.

Oh good troll!!!!!! But it's b******s!

Soon To Leave

Proud To Serve
I'm not saying it's not b*****s, l but I do think we are a little quick to condemn the driver for doing his job.

Last edited:
M

Mrs_Monobrow

I'm not saying it's not b*****s, l but I do think we are a little quick to condemn the driver for doing his job.

But its clearly obvious the guy is disabled! He has no legs. He wasnt using prostetics, he was in a wheelchair with stumps FFS! How much more proof do you need?

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
STL a future bus driver/NCP car Park attendant in the making. I think the phrase 'USING HIS COMMON SENSE' springs to mind or had the guy deliberately cut his legs off to get cheap bus fares. Great scam!

Soon To Leave

Proud To Serve
Even people that look incredibly old have to show their OAP bus pass!

I'm not saying that it was not obvious that the guy was disabled. It might have been considered patronising to treat him differently to the rest of the passengers.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts

As was said before there is common sense, bus drivers used to help with push chairs wheelchairs and generally be pleasant but todays drivers appear to be miserable jobsworth a$$holes and this one takes the biscuit. You don't have to be a tw@t to do your job properly !

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Even people that look incredibly old have to show their OAP bus pass!

I'm not saying that it was not obvious that the guy was disabled. It might have been considered patronising to treat him differently to the rest of the passengers.

A cracking demonstration of the PC, pink fluff, fcuked up country we live in.:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Penguins Suck

Snap yous spine
1000+ Posts
But its clearly obvious the guy is disabled! He has no legs. He wasnt using prostetics, he was in a wheelchair with stumps FFS! How much more proof do you need?

Right listen in mrs morinng brew the man cud have just been hiding his legs to save hims 50pences

I have a friend back home who has lost both his legs but he is not eligible for free public transport. The driver is quite right to check his pass. Not everyone who is disabled qualify for all disability benefits.

bigsteviej

Corporal
here in Manchester a few weeks ago there was a lively debate going on in the letters page of the local rag..

basically someone started it off with the usual.." and there i was 70 yr old and this woman let her child stay in the seat whilst i had to stand!" sort of thing..

i was surprised how long it went on, the main crux of it all is that pensioners in Manchester get free travel across the board and people see that as 'enough' but to ask someone to get out of their seat that they paid for (well they pay for the travel not the seat in all actuality!) was too much... well you can imagine the letters..

what was fuelling the fire most of the time, was the pensioners can only travel free off peak! IE after 9-AM, but there a quite a few who try to travel during rush hour (when the trams are busy with people who pay £900 for a yr season tkt!) and then get a bit sh^tty when they cant sit down.....

but a guy in a wheel chair wouldn't even be asked for a pass (whether he had one or not!) on our system... the problem with the buses is that they now employ foreign drivers who may see things slightly different, IE they may think that they are extremely powerful in their position or are scared of losing said job for not carrying out the job to the letter....

the press though, fuel these arguments to fill papers, and are not to be believed for one minute!!!!

D

Defender of the universe

As was said before there is common sense, bus drivers used to help with push chairs wheelchairs and generally be pleasant but todays drivers appear to be miserable jobsworth a$$holes and this one takes the biscuit. You don't have to be a tw@t to do your job properly !

As You said scaley brat "used to help with pushchairs wheelchairs etc etc". Lets just say that the world is becoming a nasty place to live in but that is society today. Obviously this driver was having a really bad day as we all do and he obviously has no ##lls which is why he obviously chose to take out his stress on this innocent harmless man..... The guys got a job to do and at the end of the day that is exactly what he was doing. My Aunt and Uncle used to work on the buses and believe me the bus companies used to have people sent on the buses a little like spies to ensure that these people do there jobs right and if they dont they are sacked so in this position what would you do. On tghe other hand this could just be another example of the media hype yet again.