• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All move again?

T

The Green Scopie

Now that Scampton is not going to be fully refurbished what does the future hold? Is the CRC going to stay where it is or get moved on again? If so where to? Is Boulmer going to close, what about the school?

Obviously this is the unofficial rumour network so feel free to repeat what you heard from a bloke down the pub.

:pDT_Xtremez_06:

O

oldhamboy1967

Accs

Accs

Scampton will have to stay up surely until ACCS enters service, we can't waste any more money to move the CRC again, can we...? :pDT_Xtremez_42:
lol

As for the School, Waddo would make sense but when did that have any part of our branch decisons?

N

Northern Circuit

Scampton will stay until ACCS - I personally reckon that Boulmer will be reviewed when ACCS is due to be installed - the romour is 1 CRC @ CY the other who knows at the mo.

O

oldhamboy1967

So where does Leeming fit in to the murky picture? lmao.

Oh well, not long now and I can apply for a job with NACMA or NC3A. Then I can laugh at the whole thing from their side of the fence.

T

The Green Scopie

Leeming will be a TCW/Chopper base. No point in co-locating a CRC there. How about CY and somewhere close enough that should CY fall over the same crew can move to the fully functioning standby?

Just a thought.

O

oldhamboy1967

OK with CY being home for the ARS, but the DARS could co-locate at Leeming being home to TCW and therefore likely to be deployed in conjunction.

Wherever the DARS goes it has to be easy to get out to theatre, but with the lack of decent airlift capability maybe we should find somewhere near a port and then it's a hop, skip and a jump on to a ferry? Portsmouth anyone?

:pDT_Xtremez_30:

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
oldhamboy1967 said:
maybe we should find somewhere near a port and then it's a hop, skip and a jump on to a ferry? Portsmouth anyone?

:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Why would a bunch of scopies want to be surrounded by matelots????? Is there something we should know . . . .

mad_collie

Hmmmm said:
How about you just shut up shop and go home letting Mr Typhoon do it all on his own? ;)

Mr Typhoon can't do it by himself . . . Fighter Controllers are 'the 3rd person in the cockpit' . . . . ******

O

oldhamboy1967

mad_collie said:
Why would a bunch of scopies want to be surrounded by matelots????? Is there something we should know . . . .

Needs must, and it's gotta be better then being surrounded by either:

a) Pongoes on 16AA Bde and RAP Tp or...

b) Aircrew on the jet.

I much prefer the fish-head option.:pDT_Xtremez_19:

O

oldhamboy1967

mad_collie said:
Mr Typhoon can't do it by himself . . . Fighter Controllers are 'the 3rd person in the cockpit' . . . . ******

and you're absolutely right they can't do their job without us! :pDT_Xtremez_32:

Hmmmm

SAC
"3rd person" ........... yawn. One presumes you are talking about increased SA, or are you on about ROE, switches safe etc. Regardless, I think the term 'controller' is outdated.

On the other hand, I may just be fishing......................

O

oldhamboy1967

Hmmmm said:
"3rd person" ........... yawn. One presumes you are talking about increased SA, or are you on about ROE, switches safe etc. Regardless, I think the term 'controller' is outdated.

On the other hand, I may just be fishing......................

I'm talking about the whole ball of wax - Battlespace Management. Or did you think that they got a L16 picture via a crystal ball bought on Blackpool Pleasure Beach?

Hmmmm

SAC
oldhamboy1967 said:
I'm talking about the whole ball of wax - Battlespace Management. Or did you think that they got a L16 picture via a crystal ball bought on Blackpool Pleasure Beach?

Isn't that what the engineers are for? My only observation that wasn't slightly tongue -in-cheek was questioning the term "controller". One doesn't see much controlling going on.

On the other hand, I still question the need for 2 CRCs, 1 ACC and the CGY remote. Seems like a little bit of pointless empire building to me.

Off to the river, 'tackle' in hand:raf:

mad_collie

Hmmmm said:
On the other hand, I still question the need for 2 CRCs, 1 ACC and the CGY remote. Seems like a little bit of pointless empire building to me.

Off to the river, 'tackle' in hand:raf:

You're spot on about the pointless empire building . . . .

T

The Green Scopie

mad_collie said:

Now that we have Typhoon who is the 2nd man in the cockpit? Or do scopies get upgraded for that?

mad_collie

The Green Scopie said:
Now that we have Typhoon who is the 2nd man in the cockpit? Or do scopies get upgraded for that?

What are scopies going to get upgraded to - plankton???