• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aircraft Carriers

Jaymac

Sergeant
I know it's not directly RAF related but what is the point of having aircraft carriers with no aircraft using them, or, even worse, foreign jets using them?

If the French use one of our carriers, who services the aircraft? RN bods or French "techies"? If it's the French then how many French crew on the ships? Would there be any British crew members?

If their aircraft maintenance is anything like it was in GW1, is there any point in the froggies even attempting to use one of our carriers when their aircraft are unlikely to ever be airborne?

Jaymac

Sergeant
I've just seen S92's post on the topical discussions board. I like his idea of sailing them round the British Isles and have floating RAF bases whilst renaming them each week depending on the part of the country they're in.:pDT_Xtremez_14:

M

Mothballed

The lack of Carrier and consequent lack of aircraft on them is a huge capability gap. It now means that the UK can not do anything beyond our borders independently.

Bren

LAC
At the end of the day an airfield or a carrier is just a gun platform. So what is the point of a gun platform with no gun.

As for the frogs, Nelson would turn in his grave..

Nelson.....
  • There is no way of dealing with the Frenchman but to knock him down - to be civil to them is to be laughed at. Why they are enemies!
  • Firstly you must always implicitly obey orders, without attempting to form any opinion of your own regarding their propriety. Secondly, you must consider every man your enemy who speaks ill of your king; and thirdly you must hate a Frenchman as you hate the devil.
  • To obey orders is all perfection. To serve my King and destroy the French, I consider as the great order of all, from which little ones spring; and if one of these militate against it (for who can tell exactly at a distance), I go back and obey the great order and object, to down - down with the damned French villains! My blood boils at the name of a Frenchman! Down, down with the French! … is my constant prayer.
255 British servicemen died to recapture the Falklands. Gibraltar's sovereignty remains a bone of contention between the UK and Spain. So what would a french crew do if we had again such a mission. Nelson would have our seaman fighting the ****s on the lower decks and having them over the side. :)