• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Air Transport Regulations

A

aes69

So then fella, you seem pretty intelligent, but you're telling me you've had Leathermen/Gerbers confiscated not to be returned? Not bagged and handed to the ALM for return at the destination air head?

And the system that ignores all the regs? You're quick enough to jump on coppers for doing their job (yes I agree loads are over zealous) yet you blatently ignore them yourself?

"Total and utter boll@cks, which is no suprise coming from RAF plod

No you don't, the guy who lets the local hosts onboard is the Aircraft Captain as he's the guy in charge. Group Air Staff Orders allow him him to devolve that authority to the ALM who, acting on his behalf, ensures that all Customs and immigration matters are dealt with correctly."

So I stand by my original statement, you let anyone one bearing official docs/uniform on board - to keep the peace.

And please don't tell me it's rubbish, the feds get briefed on certain loads and are told no-one is to have access, except for the 1st bloke at the a/c, his oppo, the bloke who drops the scoff off and anyone else in the vicinity.

"Plod travelling on AT, as support crew, have only two responsibilities which are guarding and baggage checks for on coming paxEverything else rests with the professionals.....................scuffers........ .........."

The a/c capts routinely make up their own rules as they go along, depending on how good a night out the local town has to offer.

But the rules soon change when down route and the coppers make out that other members of the crew may need to guard, seals and checks then become good enough!

Yes I am a copper, and yes I do get rattled when gobsh@tes make brash comments about my trade, but like I've said on nearly every military forum, we have our wasters, our jobs worths and our oxygen thieves. Me or my team have never been downroute and bent anyone out of shape just for the sake of it. In fact with the right attitude and the relevant APs in hand, most folk are very happy to comply with our wishes. It's important to liaise with the a/c capt & the ALM before the off to ensure we're all singing from the same hymn sheet and apart from one ex RAF copper ALM (yes he is a jobs worth) we've never had a problem with any of the crew, in fact, quite the opposite!