• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Air Ops Controller?

Curius

LAC
So recently roles like ABM and ATC have been put together into the Air Ops Control Officer and Air Ops Systems roles. But the training route for the Air Ops Control role isn't coming across as simply as I'd like. I know that all the Air Ops roles start off at Shawbury doing training (after IOT), and you get assessed and streamed, I think you can still be put into Systems even if you applied for Controller and same the other way, and then you get streamed further from there. Given that they're new roles there seems to be a bit of confusion about what the training actually is, so if anyone knows anything about it and can give me a hand please do so. I'll research it myself but I'm not sure how much I'll be able to find.

J Y Kelly

Corporal
Why don't you ask the AFCO to arrange a Realistic Job Preview at Shawbury and Boulmer. Probably easier to ask your questions face to face to the people who run the training.