• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Air Con and Refridge courses

P

pollyShine

Can anyone reccomend an Air Con and Refridge courses (CITB), I am also having problems funding it. I would like to use a level 3 ELC but can not find a course that will support this. any info would be greatly appreciated.:pDT_Xtremez_34:

fatbaldchief

Corporal
Can anyone reccomend an Air Con and Refridge courses (CITB), I am also having problems funding it. I would like to use a level 3 ELC but can not find a course that will support this. any info would be greatly appreciated.:pDT_Xtremez_34:

Typhoo Leckies do this course at HMS Sultan, Gosport I believe.

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
VC10 Riggers also do a civvy FREON course up in sunny Donny, not done it but heard it was worth while.

230Tiger

Sergeant
Did mine last year at a company called HAL in Doncaster.

http://www.hal-training.co.uk/hal/Courses.html

I'm not sure if you can fund it using ELC. Talk to your resettlement clerk or give them a ring, they're very helpful. You too can have a nice little card with another dodgy picture on it.

When I did mine it cost £850. The Exams fee's can be claimed (80% i think) using SLC's. Worth the money as there is a demand for fridge engineers.

Last edited:
P

pollyShine

:pDT_Xtremez_30: Thanks Chaps, I have tried HAL, the only problem is that these courses cost around £1400, I cant find anywhere that grades this type of course as a level 3 ELC funded.
looks like I ll have to stump up some of the money myself, Blarrrrr.
:pDT_Xtremez_15:
Dog Fecker out

230Tiger

Sergeant
1400 QUID!!!!!! Bloody hell they've put their prices up!

Mind you, after I did my course they were going to move to the Pilkinton Glass site (they've never heard of health and safety in there by the look of it, very scary), so they may have upped the rent a bit.