• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AIP Rules

Mightierthan

Corporal
Ladies, GentsHave the rules for claiming AIPs changed in the past few years? When AIPs were introduced the rule was that an individual could be awarded either an A, B or C, plus the D (not, for example an A and B). There doesn't seem to be anything in the 754 that says an individual cannot now claim and A and B (albeit they would have to be claimed in the appropriate rank). Am I missing something? Thanks for looking!

clungemobile

Corporal
I queried this a few weeks ago and my understanding of AIP’s is that you can claim two in your career but never the same one twice.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
The rules were you could claim the one appropriate to your rank (A,B or C) when you were that rank but if you had an additional and appropriate qualification you could also claim a D in any rank. I did it but had to make sure I did it in the right order.