• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AFPS Quarterly Digest - SSCL

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Just had the new AFPS Quarterly Digest pop through the door, well worth a read.
It carries news of the SSCL Commercial Contractor handling DBS awarded admin for Pensions.
Does this mean that Equiniti has now finished; - if so, let's hope it's a 'Seamless' transition...

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Just had the new AFPS Quarterly Digest pop through the door, well worth a read.
It carries news of the SSCL Commercial Contractor handling DBS awarded admin for Pensions.
Does this mean that Equiniti has now finished; - if so, let's hope it's a 'Seamless' transition...
I also read it as Equiniti has passed the baton on, as you say, we just have to hope its a hasslefree event.

Vauxhall

Sergeant
FORCES PENSION EXPERT
I have just asked Veterans UK and the comment about SSCL handling DBS pensions is relating to their Business Partners

The contract is renewed every 3 years or so. The work was done by CSS and it is they have been replaced by SSCL – so it is the business partners that changed (happened months ago) and they deal with Equiniti re paying pensions.

SSCL process the pension applications etc – they then task Equiniti with paying them.

Does that help?

stereolab

Station Cashier
Would that explain why Equiniti have not replied to 2 of my e-mails, regarding non-arrival of P60. Never had to contact them previously, superb service since leaving., until this event.

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Would that explain why Equiniti have not replied to 2 of my e-mails, regarding non-arrival of P60. Never had to contact them previously, superb service since leaving., until this event.
I asked about the P60 this year. Seems if you pay no tax on your pension, they do not need to send one. Bit of a pain when you need a P60 for proof of other things concerning income. I got a covering email.

Cornish_Pikey

Sergeant
I was pleased to get my copy of the AFPS Quarterly Digest along with a sheet of A4 with my address and the note that said "This page intentionally blank."

Good use of taxpayers money sending out approximately 850,000 blank letters to the pension recipients. Surely cheaper to buy non window envelopes and print the address on the envelope.

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I was pleased to get my copy of the AFPS Quarterly Digest along with a sheet of A4 with my address and the note that said "This page intentionally blank."

Good use of taxpayers money sending out approximately 850,000 blank letters to the pension recipients. Surely cheaper to buy non window envelopes and print the address on the envelope.
Great idea.
However, your theory falls short, in that it suggests attacking Govt and MoD matters with logic.