• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AFCO CPC Posts

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
After looking at the latest volunteers bulletin today, there are several posts coming up for Pers Admin Cpl's at various AFCO's around the country. I suddenly thought "that looks like a good old number" and am starting to give it serious thought. After all, I know, and have known, people in the AFCO's and the large majority of them have really enjoyed the job. Is there anyone out there who's currently involved in the recruiting process, or employed in the AFCO's? What does the job involve? What's the course like? Perks of the job, etc.

Any useful gen is gratefully received.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I've known a couple of guys who've worked in the major city ones...the perks seemed to be a flat rented for you and a civvy clothes allowance...and the bi-product of those could well be a life!

PSFbeatch

Corporal
I've known a couple of guys who've worked in the major city ones...the perks seemed to be a flat rented for you and a civvy clothes allowance...and the bi-product of those could well be a life!

i know a couple of people in afcos and they love it, one in aberdeen and one in bournemouth.

SgtScribbly

Corporal
Busy but enjoyable job. I saw the signal too and thought it odd that they still have Pers Admin only posts as they have supposedly binned the CPC jobs now. Cant confirm it but thats what I heard.

They've binned the CPC jobs at AFCO's but not the slots, probably coz they are scared of all the Cpl's applying for Recruiting duties leaving the trade under manned in main stream trade posts. However, it does mean however, that at least you're not competing with some techy for a slot, just a load of Clks. I know loads of AFCO bods (well I do have to speak with them on a regular basis as part of my current job) and although they all say it's hard work it is a worth while experience.

If there is an AFCO near where you are currently based you maybe able to arrange a visit for a day, all it takes is a quick phone call, they can only say no at worst.
I'm hoping to apply for AFCO duties for my next tour but it won't be for at least a year, I'm enjoying my current job too much.

Last edited: