• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Advice please*

M

mcguire123

Perhaps i'm jumping the gun a little, but i have just received my application pack for 609 squadron Leeming.
I was suprised to note there are quite a few interviews, as a 42 yr old ive done my fair share of interviews, but they never seem to get easier, especialy when you the outcome is important to you.
I wonder if there are any other's out there that have been through the process recently and can tell me what the interviews are like, ie....intensity, or what questions are asked etc etc.
Cheers for any help.
Steve

PingDit

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Just be yourself, say what you believe in your replies and you'll do just fine. Don't get stressed over it.

TotalWar

LAC
Unless things have changed in the last 18 months, then you will do one formal interview, with either the recruiting Flight Sergeant, or the Deputy Squadron Commander.
So like any interview, wear a suit.

They are both very good, easy to talk to, people, especially the DSC.

Theyll have a list of set questions, but really you can just talk about yourself for half an hour.(Family background, education, career, motivations etc)
Get over to them how enthusiastic, self motivated, helpful, military minded etc, you are.
Think in advance about how you will answer the questions on how you and your family will deal with deployment. Also what impact training will have on your life(will you be able to attend ALL the required training weekends and weeks?)

Do some research(a little) about the Auggies, and the RAF Reg.

I really enjoyed my interview, Im sure you will aswell.

Good luck

Last edited:
E

Eddie1234

There probably wont be that many interviews, i had one formal interview and that was it, and the formal interview was really just checking your background a bit and your reasons for joining its nothing major.