• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Advice Needed - Smart Ass' Required

shiny_arse

SAS Inspector
Once in a while a serious question arises and rather than spend a hour chasing round the station for a straight answer it will probably be a bit quicker asking wiser e-goaters than I.

I am in the process of setting up a new club and have a prospective OIC in sight who is obviously requiring an in-brief on what is going on. Committee members and posts are being drafted, but my main question is ......... what is the actual process in starting a club up from scratch, main POC etc

And advice gratefully recevied.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
what is the actual process in starting a club up from scratch
And advice gratefully recevied.

Try asking the guy selling it if you can go down the driving range and hit a few balls with it :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Hope this helps :pDT_Xtremez_15:

shiny_arse

SAS Inspector
Try asking the guy selling it if you can go down the driving range and hit a few balls with it :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Hope this helps :pDT_Xtremez_15:

Yeap spot on and I can follow it up with grabbing it, screaming out Captain Caveman and then smack you over the head. :pDT_Xtremez_28:

Anyway I banned from playing golf due to being caught many years ago shagging a bint on the 14th and then dropping a plop in the 7th. Being on leave, drunk and in an area where I was not known aided my escape!!, but I digress.

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
You'll probably need a constitution with TOR's for each post from OIC down to ordinary committee members stating what their duties are within the club. I have and old one from our golf society that will give a general outline if this is of any help

shiny_arse

SAS Inspector
You'll probably need a constitution with TOR's for each post from OIC down to ordinary committee members stating what their duties are within the club. I have and old one from our golf society that will give a general outline if this is of any help

Cheers Cooheed, I can grap an outline from a couple of the lads here, but that was the push in the direction I needed. Anything else that might be of use, am not planning on dealing with any cash issues yet

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
Cheers Cooheed, I can grap an outline from a couple of the lads here, but that was the push in the direction I needed. Anything else that might be of use, am not planning on dealing with any cash issues yet

As and ex OIC various things my advice would be to get down to NonPas if you've got one I'm pretty sure there's a book of rules on this some where in the accounting regs, even though you're not dealing with cash yet they should be able to help

Hu

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I think the Rules and regs for bars, clubs etc can be found in AP-3392 if it still exsists. Bit long winded in places but gives you the does and don'ts. Hope this info is still current as I'm relying on an old memory here.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
So what sort of club is it you are starting? Sport related, social, tiddlywinks - what?

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Ap3392

Ap3392

I think the Rules and regs for bars, clubs etc can be found in AP-3392 if it still exsists. .

Spoke to our pet sqn shiney who thinks 3392 is now obsolete. (just one more senior moment to add to my ever growing list) However you could try a chat to your unit SIF bods especially if dosh is involved or will be.

shiny_arse

SAS Inspector
Thanks to all and just to inflate your egos a wee bit more all your info has been spot on. Nonpas/Accounts/SIF have the majority of info regardless. Surprising due to the fact that the club is sports based and no cash handling requirements.

Tinbasher give your shiny a pat as usual his gen is correct - 3392 got wiped out just before JPA screwed our lives up. For anyone who is remotely interested the 3223 is now the info source for this type of thing.

So again one and all - I thank you :pDT_Xtremez_28:

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
So what sort of club is it you are starting? Sport related, social, tiddlywinks - what?

You know until I joined this happy band I was unaware as to the popularity of 'Ceramics'...

Every camp has a ceramics club...and more worringly I keep hearing of 'wargaming clubs/societys'...Mainly S2 brings the subject up and when doing so he goes all misty eyed...:pDT_Xtremez_41:

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer
and more worringly I keep hearing of 'wargaming clubs/societys'

Off Topic I remember three blokes trying to start one of those up at West Raynham back in 1988. Poster with contact details of the three blokes went up in the entrance of the Colonel. Shortly to be amended with the comment ‘probably the three most interesting people on the camp…..NOT’ at the bottom of it.Off Topic

Last edited:

3wheeledtechie

Sergeant
If its a sports club PEdO will issue a pack-up for OICs of clubs. You'll also be wanting a sports fund account so you can bid for cash come Feb. Here's what you need:

OIC - Orificer or SNEC
Treasurer - SNEC
Secretary - Normally minimum JNCO
DOIC - Normally minimum JNCO

Written constitution
ToRs for each post
File for club (file ref no. from PEd Flt)
Minutes book
Receipts book
Cash box
NONPAS a/c
Property book
Membership record (database / spreadsheet)
Financial plan

If you have any real estate OIC will need to take over as Building Custodian with (Works Management Flt) and may need Encroachment Cert.