• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

acting tapes on a formal warning?

mild mannered janitor

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
i am going to dig into this tomorrow but thought i would throw this one out to someone who may know better.

Can an individual with acting rank (Sac-Cpl) who has received a formal warning

1,Keep the acting rank

2,Have the acting rank extended

it was always my understanding that under a formal warning you could not be promoted.
If so how can you keep or have acting rank extended under the same circumstance, when there are others who could fill the gap?

sensible answers please just trying to get some info on this kind of situation ap ref's ect.

cheers if you can help.

C

CC

I never authorise Acting Higher Rank to someone on a FW as they are not eligible for promotion and therefore not eligible for Acting Rank. I was once over ruled by my OC BSW, who decided the lad was a good lad and deserved to be given Acting Rank. Lad was then found driving, whilst banned for drink driving (original FW). OC BSW was not amused when I said, "Told you so". :pDT_Xtremez_42:

P

P4uldustmonkey

When i had my acting rank it was taking of me when i got formally warned.I also had my acting cpl slot in the falklands taken off me.

C

CC

Off Topic

Wasn't it a better Air Force, that made more sense, when we had OC Admin, OC Eng and OC Ops? :pDT_Xtremez_37:

Was it ever....I heard someone say OC Depth the other day.....now what the fcuk does that mean??

And, regardless of it being OC Eng & Supply, he was always known as OC Eng :pDT_Xtremez_07:

Last edited:
M

monobrow

Was it ever....I heard someone say OC Depth the other day.....now what the fcuk does that mean??
Going a little more off topic...

OC Eng & Supply = OC Eng, OC Supply
OC Eng = OC Forward (1st line on aircraft maintenance), OC Depth (2nd line bays and in depth servicings on aircraft)

All in all, 4 posts from one.

C

CC

Going a little more off topic...

OC Eng & Supply = OC Eng, OC Supply
OC Eng = OC Forward (1st line on aircraft maintenance), OC Depth (2nd line bays and in depth servicings on aircraft)

All in all, 4 posts from one.

Ah, so more jobs for the boys then??? :pDT_Xtremez_42: