• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Accrington Stanley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
"The club that wouldn't die" looks to be in trouble both on and off the field.

On the field it's in the hands of the players and Coley. Here's to a victory over the might of Torquay this weekend god we need the points.

Off the field it looks more ominous the FA has charged Stanley with some admin cockup. Any body got any info on what this misdemeanour is?

Rumour is that we signed on loan a player from Preston (McGrail) who is a youth team, work experience bod or something not a signed up full time professional footballer. Any how it seems the bit of paper giving Stanley permission to play him at first team level was missing. If that is correct then points sanctions may be forthcoming just what you need with the drop looming. Any gen would be appreciated.

The team look very poor against Swindon Town on Saturday, there was only about 80 away supporters there!.

"The club that wouldn't die" looks to be in trouble both on and off the field.

On the field it's in the hands of the players and Coley. Here's to a victory over the might of Torquay this weekend god we need the points.

Off the field it looks more ominous the FA has charged Stanley with some admin cockup. Any body got any info on what this misdemeanour is?

Rumour is that we signed on loan a player from Preston (McGrail) who is a youth team, work experience bod or something not a signed up full time professional footballer. Any how it seems the bit of paper giving Stanley permission to play him at first team level was missing. If that is correct then points sanctions may be forthcoming just what you need with the drop looming. Any gen would be appreciated.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The team look very poor against Swindon Town on Saturday, there was only about 80 away supporters there!.

I would agree no money = no signings the squad is not much improved if at all from the conference side. The chairman Eric Whalley runs a tight ship and will not allow expendature beyond our meagre means. Low crowds even at home (2,000 on a good week) result in minimum funding for players. Eric will not let the club operate in the red so the managers hands are tied. That and the longest injury list I can remember. After 44 years of trying it looks like sadly like we are off to non-league football again. :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Last edited:

skevans

Flight Sergeant
I know how you feel about your club nose diving from the league. I am a life long Exeter City supporter and the same sort of troubles, no money, no hope led to our relegation to the conference.

Here's hoping that accy stanley get things sorted.

kerrang

LAC
After 44 years of trying it looks like sadly like we are off to non-league football again. :pDT_Xtremez_42:

No need to worry this season my friend as long as Torquay and Wrectum (Pleez!!!!) remain below you.

Your lot were not bad for a point at the weekend either.

Floreat Salopia!!!!

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Cheers for the info on the link Capt looks like PNE want to help Stanley out. Fingers crossed.:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Free football

Free football

Free football - given the importance of Saturdays game v Torquay Stanley chairman Eric Whalley has anounced that admission to the ground will be free to ensure what he describes as a "bumper crowd" Eric is calling it the biggest game in the clubs history. Still have to pay for your pie and bovril though.

skevans

Flight Sergeant
As an Exeter City supporter I can only wish you all the best for the weekend and I sincerely hope that Accy Stanley do their utmost to dump Torquay out of the league :)

gmbh

LAC
accrington stanley who are they??. Luv to join you for free at your home game against Torquay but I have an appointment at Roots hall with the mighty Leeds
well maybe not so mighty. Perhaps if things carry on I may need directions to stanley in the not so distant future then I will know who Accrington stanley are

Captain Slog

Trekkie Nerd
Subscriber
accrington stanley who are they??. Luv to join you for free at your home game against Torquay but I have an appointment at Roots hall with the mighty Leeds
well maybe not so mighty. Perhaps if things carry on I may need directions to stanley in the not so distant future then I will know who Accrington stanley are

Not so mighty now laddie, the way your lot are going you will be playing Forest Green in 3 years time. Stiil, what do you expect with that "brilliant" manager Dennis "Not so" Wise in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.