• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Accident Reports

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
I have been trying for ages to get hold of the Ben Macdui crash (F15 x2) accident reports.. Seems to have disappeared, can anyone help me get it?

Links don't work that are out there

Flybynight

Flight Sergeant
There is an artice in >> Air Clues October 2009 << Page 18.

That's a very interesting article, Barch. As to the question of whether there is a legal responsibility on managers/supervisors to make sure an individual is medically (including mentally) fit for duty, I would say yes, obviously, it rests under the Common Law Duty of Care. To be sure, I'm not a lawyer but this is something I've had to deal with countless times post-RAF in the NHS and in the Arts (e.g. sending somebody up a 150' tower to fix lighting equipment). As a staff nurse said to me when I was a student nurse, "Very sarcastic men, coroners".

The author is entirely right to call for the implementation of the Just Culture, which I've been arguing for years should be implemented in the NHS. In this case, the individual went back to work ("leave your problems at home, old boy, you're at work now") in circumstances that were likely to lead to confusion if not burn-out and was court-martialled when it all went t!ts-up. Wonderful!