• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AAC Transfer to RAFP

The Pongo

LAC
Hi guys (& gals), i appologise if this is in the wrong area but unfortunatly i am more use to ARRSE. As i think the title speaks for its self i will go straight into my questions.

1) After a number of years and already being an JNCO what will phase 2 be like? - Not expecting special treatment but don't want to be treated like a fresh out of the box Phase 1 Recruit either! (although i do understand i will be coming to a different service with different ways of doing things)

2) What is the promotion rate/time frame like? - It is really slow currently in the AAC

3) What is day to day life like? (is it worth transfering basicly as i am bored of being stuck in a rut and doing the same thing day in, day out)

4) Do you go straight to TPW on first posting or do you get a reasonable choice of stations?

5) Are Mil-Skills courses still open such as Drill Instructor, Skill At Arms Instructor? (or are these only done by the RAF Regt Training Flights)

6) How easy is it to move from GPD to Dog handler or CP and will this affect promotion chances?

7) How do people get selected for ops deployments? (ie Go when squadron from your station goes/TPW only/volunteers)

I know this seems like a lot but i am looking at either RAFP or RMP at the moment so trying to get as much info as possible .

Thanks in advance to those willing to help.