• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A warning for all of you.

skevans

Flight Sergeant
Hi, some of the old sweats will remember me, most of you won't know me in any way shape or form. By way of introduction let me say that I was once a very regular poster here, but that was a long while ago.

Why? Well before I go any further please bear in mind i have asked Wobbly if i may post this message and he has, word for word approved it. I hope someone out there learns from my mistake.

So, in May 2008 I was lucky enough to get selected for promotion, fourth in a line of 168. My wife and I celebrated, but unfortuntely that was premature.

I had, I accept, got too big for my boots. Although I never spoke about where I worked, or who I was directly on e-goat it was very apparent to those in my trade.

Unfortunately, and forgive me for being vague, but I must, an incident occured at work that called my 'computer stability', to be called in doubt. I had shared my password with someone else and a 'discrepancy had occured'.

Before all the high horses come into play can I please point out that my account was perfectly in order and I trusted my manager (and superior rank). The written and signed for orders were correct and all monetary issues were deemed correct and legitimate during the investigation.

Months later and 4 certificate were issued when they should never have been, and blah blah blah. My superior elected to leave the RAF while I have to carry on my career. I assume you are all aware of what may happen to an NCO charged with fraud?

My downfall was a comment made whilst angry and, truth be told, drunk when I found out. Unfortunately that comment was made here, online via e-goat.

The comment referred to my lack of support, rather than the task in hand, and has long since been removed.

The damage done to my trade, and the RAF in it's own eyes, cannot be undone. Likewise, I am the only man able to assume the blame,

I have spent the intervening years with a demotion, and no likely hood of promotion. This is constantly demoralising and will always hold back my RAF career until I leave in three years time.

Please be careful what you say online, it could harm domestic and operational friends, as well as your career.

A

amfortas

That is a real bugger. I hope the stain washes out soon and your path to glory resumes.

See my sig !

(addendum - Cor. Loook at that. I say something encouraging - my good deed for the day - and I just got promoted to WO !! Now I really am in the sheight)

Last edited:

Tedlooney

Sergeant
Massive respect to you for facing up to this and posting the warning about lessons you learned the hard way.

I agree. I think we all fcuk up sometimes, that's the way life is. Having the guts to admit it and take responsibility shows character as far as I'm concerned.

Max

Sergeant
I have seen a few get themselves in trouble between here and Facebook, I admit it's wrong but to hold it against people to have an opinion is also wrong. I feel sorry for you and thank you for your warning which may help others.

I suspect had I been made redundant against my wishes however I would probably have ignored the advice. :pDT_Xtremez_19: