• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A rant about Capita

pepper0ni

LAC
Yesterday (Wednesday 12/06/2014) I had attended my medical appointment. Everything was done and dusted in 15 minutes and the Doctor had no problems whatsoever, I also knowing that I am fit and healthy with no problems in my history or family history... So towards the end of the consultation the Doctor said I have to fail you on your medical and because I dont know why I asked the Doctor, "Why?"
he replies... "There is too much wax in your right ear"
"Is this a sick joke" I asked myself???
I got failed because of an easy to clean up Little bit of wax...
Anyways I wasn't even given a letter to give to my Doctor to sign for my medical history etc etc.
My plan: Started using a thing called Otex which dissolves earwax. Consulted the doctor on it and how/when/if I can get it syringed.
Also I am going to write a letter saying that Capita may access my Medical records on the RAF behalf with all the official yadda yadda on it and have 3 hard copies, One for RAF, one for the Doctors and one for Capita. Also Thinking of getting a hard copy of my medical record to take straight to the Capita Doctor to quicken the whole process...
Any thoughts or Ideas would greatly be appreciated.
Pepper.

SORRY CJ

Flight Sergeant
Don't waste money on Otex it is just use Olive oil (cheaper). Two or three drops in the affected ear, lean the opposite way, ie bad ear up and after 5 mins wipe excess away and do this twice a day for 2 weeks. Meanwhile see your doc to get a syringing out.

Mr SCJ

pepper0ni

LAC
Don't waste money on Otex it is just use Olive oil (cheaper). Two or three drops in the affected ear, lean the opposite way, ie bad ear up and after 5 mins wipe excess away and do this twice a day for 2 weeks. Meanwhile see your doc to get a syringing out.

Mr SCJ

Went to my general doctor today and its not infected or anything, just a healthy amount of earwax, was told to go back on Monday to get it double checked to see if Otex/Olive oil works in clearing up the earwax present... After this process do you guys think I'll be fine on my second medical (I passed everything else with no problems whatsoever) and if not, how many attempts do I get or is it dependent on the severity of the injury/problem (I rate this isn't severe at all, but who knows?) and another silly question, do they sit down and go through your medical history with you or do they do that and say if you pass or fail (If you fail do they give you a reason why and an opportunity to prove the diagnosis wrong?)

briggfairy

Sergeant
I had something similar in 2003 when I needed a second medical as i had too much earwax during my first one, apparently the doc felt that it wasn't giving me the best possible chance to pass the hearing test with waxy ears.

pepper0ni

LAC
I had something similar in 2003 when I needed a second medical as i had too much earwax during my first one, apparently the doc felt that it wasn't giving me the best possible chance to pass the hearing test with waxy ears.

Guess I'm just worrying a little bit because I thought I'd pass it with ease, so for the selection process has gone smoothly so it had to end somewhere :p. Hopefully it won't stop me for much longer :) Thanks

Pepper.

Flybynight

Flight Sergeant
Guess I'm just worrying a little bit because I thought I'd pass it with ease, so for the selection process has gone smoothly so it had to end somewhere :p. Hopefully it won't stop me for much longer :) Thanks

Pepper.

You could say the process is temporarily gummed up by a combination of ear wax and Capita managerial greed. If they could think of a way of selling your own wax back to you they'd try to, just don't let them get you down - look on the whole Capita crew as flies caught in the aspic of real life, you'll soon be past them.

When I applied back in the Stone Ages the elderly govt doctor suddenly syringed my ears without asking permission: a stupid but common thing to do at the time, he could have ruptured my ear drums. He then looked in and and grunted, from which I correctly drew the impression that I'd passed. The bloke one cubicle ahead of me, a wannabe soldier, had the indignity of the same medic asking in a loud voice for us all to hear, "Do you know you've only got one testicle?" He got through as well.

Best of luck!

Flybynight

Flight Sergeant
I'm guessing capita get paid per referal?

They do in NHS/DWP long-term disability cases, including veterans, which is why the great majority of those who appeal win. The first stage in the appeal process is for a manager to look at the decision, in the course of which s/he will probably ask Capita for a second opinion. If the appellant isn't satisfied and goes to the tribunal Capita may well be asked for a detailed report. I'm sure you get the drift.

:pDT_Xtremez_24:

What I want to know is how many friends and relations of members of the present government own Capita shares. Not that the actual minister/MP/peer knows anything about it. No, of course not, perish the thought.

:frown:

Last edited:

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts

I passed it, and I spent 5 years with my head inside a choppers noisy ass.