• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A proposed change to F1 qualifying

spanners

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Seems likely that they are to change the format for qualifying again next year. According to widespread media sources, the new system - featuring a new session format, as well as possible prize-money and a point for pole position - is championed by the alliance of F1 teams, FOTA.

See link for more details
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/081124090936.shtml

I think they have tampered enough with it over the last few tears, and the present system seems to work quite well, however, a point for pole is a good idea.

G

grumpyoldb

I think all that this will do is have some of the lower teams going on ultra low fuel levels just to get the one point as it's about the only chance they will get to score them. Points mean £'s..................

We will just end up with a grid that is not reflecting the true pace of drivers and cars.

Just my personal view of it.

Cake or Death

Flight Sergeant
just bring it back to the good old days of 1hr 12 laps off you pop. very exciting as you never knew what was going to happen. Moto gp has an hour session with infinate laps. this has sadly proved more exciting than most of the races this year. but the last 10 minutes are mayhem, good to watch.

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I think all that this will do is have some of the lower teams going on ultra low fuel levels just to get the one point as it's about the only chance they will get to score them. Points mean £'s..................

We will just end up with a grid that is not reflecting the true pace of drivers and cars.

But thats going to make for some cracking races....

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber

The lower teams wont have any advantage Grumpy. If all cars go out with enough fuel for 14 laps you'll see the fastest 6 go through. They'll all have roughly the same fuel levels!
Then they'll pit, fuel and change tyres and do it again. The top 6 should then be the fastest cars unless they then make them carry race fuel into that session.

I'd like to see them open the circuit for an hour and give them unlimited tyres and laps, with the proviso that they have to put in a representative lap in each quarter. Failure to put in a hot lap within a percentage of the fastest or failure to go out in any quarter would result in their fastest time being taken away.