• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

6 Nations 2019

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
So the annual 15 a side 6 nations starts tonight. Is there a nation who can win the grand slam? Is there a home nation capable of the Triple crown and who gets the wooden spoon? My guess no grand slam or triple crown, winner decided by what happens when Ireland plays Wales and the Wooden spoon team is the loser of the Scotland v Italy game

TB's final table for the men's 6 nations

Ireland
Wales
England
France
Scotland
Italy

England win the women's 6 nations

Your oval ball predictions??

FOMz

Warrant Officer
No Grand Slam this year

1. Ireland
2. England
3. France
4. Scotland
5. Italy
6. Wales

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
There might not be a grand slam but a likely result will be:-

1.Wales
2.Ireland
3.France
4.Scotland
5.Italy
6.England

Italy deserve better than they've been getting. England have more of the best players in the world than anyone else but can't seem to get them in the same team. The rest speak for themselves by their performances in the Autumn and the last 6 nations...

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
England first, doesn’t really matter about the rest.

Injuries could get in the way of a GS, or freak win by one of the dependencies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
My knowledge of union is limited but I have noticed that whilst England are indeed smashing the French. The French seem to be the only team to have selected a ginga in their starting 15. Can't be coincidence.

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Wales - England. Pointing or Disappointing...?

Good earthy match. England made a damn good effort for most of the first half and then Wales just run them into an an exhausted standstill.

Just goes to show that setting out to monster the opposition off the field is not a an entirely reliable way of beating opposition who have better fitness and discipline.

Well pleased for Wales though. Dare we think about the Grand Slam when there is still Ireland and Scotland to come.

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I'd just worry about Ireland from the last two.
Honestly, as long as Scotland have that aged, whinging dwarf Laidlaw on the pitch, its like giving you 2 extra men.
Wonder why Gregor has not let him play 80 minutes in the comp yet?

SAXAVORDIAN

Sergeant
England stuck to a game plan and was found wanting come the second half. More the game went on the errors kept coming. Times like these you need the captain to stop and think to change the game plan in midstream. Like went Italy kept preventing a ruck to form a few years back the English team had no answer till later on.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
winner decided by what happens when Ireland plays Wales

Still stick with that prediction.

As an aside the England Ladies are mere 29-5 up on wales and it's not even half time yet.:pDT_Xtremez_14: If the girls win surely that's one each and therefore a draw.

Keyser Söze

Corporal
Wales v England game was a proper test match. I thought the game was actually really close but in those crucial moments things went Wales' way and the momentum gradually shifted. I have nt seen the stats but I bet England's penalty count was worse than Wales - where the team kept their discipline. Sinclair did well first half (good tackles) but 2nd half he did lose his focus, undoubtedly Wales wound him up, but thats tough and all part of International Rugby. Still cant understand England sticking to their kicking game which was nt good enough.

In the end a well deserved win for Wales.

GS? lets not count chickens,, but Ireland will be a very stern test, thank god its in Cardiff. But it aint over till the fat lady sings

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Well done to England for a fine also-ran spot.

Isn't it a pity that Wales have become a one-trick pony. It's either Grand Slam or not really very much. Still it's worth a fcking hell of a hangover...

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Well done to England for a fine also-ran spot.

Isn't it a pity that Wales have become a one-trick pony. It's either Grand Slam or not really very much. Still it's worth a fcking hell of a hangover...

Wales played well in all the games. Looks as if they have strength in depth as well.

Ireland have disappointed and have lost their momentum. Inconsistent performances.

England are looking defensively fragile with Farrel again lucky not to be sin-binned for using the shoulders in the tackle. He also looks and acts like a petulant child when things aren't going England's way.

France..Used to be part of the fun not knowing what France will turn up on the day. Now it's just purely C4ck France!!

Scotland. Blown a good chance to win at Twickenham. Fair play to England for coming back in the last 10 mins for the draw. Scotland also look defensively fragile. England really almost threw it away after an amazing first half.

Italy....well..need to be more clinical when they do get their chances.