• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

25 Years on, The Falkland Islands

P

POB

Radio 4 now...interviews and recordings from the invasion 25 year ago, including Sir Rex Hunt's broadcast..."We have been invaded, I will keep you informed."

Last edited:
P

POB

A very interesting programme. It is avaiilable from the BBC website, as listen again. Listening to snippets of the radio broadcast as the "Argies" were sighted around the coast, fascinating...Brought back a lot of memories.

Statto

LAC
I was down there during the 10th Anniversary of the invasion. It was strange listening to the recording of the invasion being played on FIBS having heard all the names before but now knowing exactly where they were.

A very interesting programme. It is avaiilable from the BBC website, as listen again. Listening to snippets of the radio broadcast as the "Argies" were sighted around the coast, fascinating...Brought back a lot of memories.

Hey POB, what is the broadcast called in the listen again section? there is a massive list and I cant seem to find it. Thanks

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee

Any idea what it's called ?...just had several look throughs and can't see it....

Cheers....

P

POB

Sorry guys, I think it has been taken off. It was "The Archive hour" transmitted on the 17th Mar 07. I have to say that it is one of the best programs on radio. The one on listen again now is very good too...About football in Europe, but another story...

Go on I dare you, give it a try!

I might be able to get holdof a copy...I will let you know.

P

Sorry guys, I think it has been taken off. It was "The Archive hour" transmitted on the 17th Mar 07. I have to say that it is one of the best programs on radio. The one on listen again now is very good too...About football in Europe, but another story...

Go on I dare you, give it a try!

I might be able to get holdof a copy...I will let you know.

P

awww thats ashame, sounds like a missed a good programme. Maybe one day ill hear it lol. thanks POB

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
I was a mere sprog of 8 years old when the war was on. There was a mate of my dad's who was in 45 Cdo who went down, and he came round to our house after he returned and told us all about it. I remember being really fascinated by his stories. The one memory that sticks out though is that famous picture of the Marine yomping with the Union Jack stickinging out of his bergan.