• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

22 years...

C

Chuff Chart

Ok, about to get promoted, done JMLC, about to do TMT. Question is do I get offered 22 years upon completion of TMT or do I have to ask? A mate said also you only have 28 days to sort it out then it gets withdrawn, is this true? Could be a bitch cos my promotion date is 26 Feb and Ill be on TMT followed by a healthy dose of multi thrilling :( Any help appreciated, cheers :)

hi not sure, you need to check with shiney lot or your boss!! my understanding is that you will be acting paid until successful completion of jmlc and tmt. the offer for further service should also be dependant on successful completion of courses. it should clarify this on your paperwork. hope this helps

PSFbeatch

Corporal
so once you have completed tmt/jmlc about 4-6 weeks later you will recieve an offer of substansive promotion, once that has been accepted and sent back to PMA you will then recieve an offer to sign on, probably a few weeks after that, with JPA Im not sure how it all works now, I can onlyreally tell you in the days of SAMA.

But thats the general gist, allow a max of 6 weeks between sub promotion and signing on, (it also depends on MES etc) if youve heard nothing give Man Servs or whatever they choose to call themselves at your unit nowadays a call and they should be able to chase it up for you.

Humble Scribe

Sergeant
The advice above is pretty much spot on. The 28 days your mate mentioned is the timeframe allowed between the issuing of the offer of signing on and it being returned to PMA; your problem there could be getting a medical appointment but don't despair, if it's not done in the timeframe, PMA will just issue another - which makes you wonder why have a cut off point anyway! In my recent experience, it is taking a little longer for the offers to come through but if you're nowhere near your current RSE date don't worry it will happen eventually.

gray

Sergeant
so once you have completed tmt/jmlc about 4-6 weeks later you will recieve an offer of substansive promotion, once that has been accepted and sent back to PMA you will then recieve an offer to sign on, probably a few weeks after that, with JPA Im not sure how it all works now, I can onlyreally tell you in the days of SAMA.

But thats the general gist, allow a max of 6 weeks between sub promotion and signing on, (it also depends on MES etc) if youve heard nothing give Man Servs or whatever they choose to call themselves at your unit nowadays a call and they should be able to chase it up for you.

My boss got his offer of extension last week - On JPA - Came up as a notification, and a button to press for yes or no. Took a while after He's done his courses though.

Gray

N

Noddy

OK - Here's the gen cause it's just happened to me this week!!!

Once you have done JMLC and TMT and done your multi-skilling course (if promoted after 1st April 2006 it is now a pre-requesite) you will be offered further service through work flow notifications on JPA.

Once selected and acknowledged the med centre will get in touch and ask you to go for a full medical (cough and drop / eye test / hearing / blood pressure etc etc).

On succesfully completing your medical the med centre will JPA your PSF to say you are fit and eligible for further service - PSF will again contact you through work flow notification on JPA to offer you 22 years - you need to acknowledge this again and take a print of it, signed it along with a witness, then take the hard copy into PSF

Hope this helps !
:pDT_Xtremez_31:

M

monobrow

That means you must have passed your cross dressing this time mate!

Congrats!!!

PSF Angel

LAC
All change..........again. Spoke to Further Service guys on Friday and they informed me that as no-one was checking their workflows, all the further service offers were stuck out there somewhere in cyberspace and it wasn't working. I have just had 3 Further Service forms across my desk and apparently it is all going back to paperwork again. (JPA not working like it's supposed to? - What a surprise!) It's supposed to catch up after about 6-8 weeks after your final course but with the massive backlog of further service that has now been recalled from JPA workflows across the RAF, it may take a little longer for them to catch up. My advice would be to wait about 3 months after completing your final course and than get your unit HR to chase up PMA.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I accepted my third offer to 55 last week...3 times I've pressed the yes button except on the third time it encouraged me to print off a copy and sign it then send it to the person addressed overleaf...On turning the page it just had the camp address (no person mentioned)!!

W

wgaf

I accepted my third offer to 55 last week...3 times I've pressed the yes button except on the third time it encouraged me to print off a copy and sign it then send it to the person addressed overleaf...On turning the page it just had the camp address (no person mentioned)!!
That'll give you 2 more years then Vim:pDT_Xtremez_14:

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
That'll give you 2 more years then Vim:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Off Topic Until my 25th? Yep, really excited about it...I don't know how to break this to you but after Twickenham people were telling me how nice it was that I took the time to bring my dad!

W

wgaf

Off Topic Until my 25th? Yep, really excited about it...I don't know how to break this to you but after Twickenham people were telling me how nice it was that I took the time to bring my dad!
Well Stingray does look old, but no ones that old surely.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
that as no-one was checking their workflows, all the further service offers were stuck out there somewhere in cyberspace and it wasn't working. I have just had 3 Further Service forms across my desk and apparently it is all going back to paperwork again. (JPA not working like it's supposed to? - What a surprise!) .

Perhaps no one has the time to check JPA every 10 minutes?
We dont. We only have one JPA terminal for the whole shift and its a real slow one as well. Takes nearly 5 mins from initial log on to being on JPA. Its in our t-bar which is the last place in the world for it. You arent safe in there from the job issuers as its the 1st place they look regardless of whether u are on JPA or not!
Thats why JPA doesnt work, no one has the time to be checking on it all the time. If we did, we'd be sat at a desk all day and not producing aircraft!!

As to the 22, I didnt get an offer as such. I waited until I was made fully substansive and then went down PSF and applied for it. It was pre JPA though.
Just ask section admin or PSF. I am sure its bound to be different at each camp anyway!!!!!

Masher you didn't need to have applied for your 22 the offer would have come through. Once the paperwork for your Substantsive promotion had reached PMA it would have flagged up to the further Service bods that an offer of 22 years was required, my offer was actually sent out the same day as my signal for substantive promotion was sent, but that's because the drafter requested I inform him that it had been signed so he could get the signing on paperwork sorted so he could then get the ball rolling on an OOA he had planned for me. Number of days from getting subby and signing on about 10 days (I had already got the medical booked once I knew the offer was on it's way)

C

Chuff Chart

Cool, cheers for the answers. Got a call on friday telling me my paperwork was with the Sengo, but I cant sign it yet cos Ive got another 7 weeks of Cosford :(

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
Cool, cheers for the answers. Got a call on friday telling me my paperwork was with the Sengo, but I cant sign it yet cos Ive got another 7 weeks of Cosford :(

Make sure the Further Service people at PMA are aware that you are away for 7 weeks. Technically you only have 30 days from the day the paperwork hits your Unit, but deferrals are never a problem as long as they know.