• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2018 Pay Rise announcement and Implimentation to be delayed

MattBombHead

Sergeant
I know it's a bit early to start wondering about next years pay rises, but has anyone else heard a rumbling about 2018 Pay Rises being delayed...?

Quagmire

LAC
I know it's a bit early to start wondering about next years pay rises, but has anyone else heard a rumbling about 2018 Pay Rises being delayed...?

Thee was an announcement on the RAF intranet a couple of days ago. There will be a delay but any award will get backdated.

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
They are probably tryout by to figure out how to (hopefully) extend the pay protection post NEM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Sadly, no wars at the moment. the public is fickle; doesn't care if they gave us a pay cut. The decision is delayed, but I'm not banking more than 1%

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Financial Retention Initiative

https://www.raf.mod.uk/community/news/2016-pay-award/

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I had 3 in my time...the nicest one being a rather wonderful 20k! I used it as a deposit on a buy to let thus triggering the Fuego empire!

Perhaps the delay is to observe the results of tax returns that start in January? I think they'll have to begrudgingly award more than 1%...I'm suggesting 2 and they'll crow about it...Labour will counter it by saying they'd have given at least 4-5 because they can.

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Anyone remember the days of the 'announced' 1% split!
Half in April and half in September...
Tawts!

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Anyone remember the days of the 'announced' 1% split!
Half in April and half in September...
Tawts!

Much prefer the late 80’s, early 90’s with the kaboom rises, of course instantly wiped out by inflation and interest rates, doh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Keyser Söze

Corporal
Was it BoJo who indicated that many public sector pay rises will come from 'efficiency savings' - a euphemism for job cuts perhaps

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Whilst a few years ago I could still see some fat I'm getting to the point now where they've leaned back to the quick. The RM LPD's now under threat are a ridiculous move when we have one carrier in the throes of being sold off and two non-operational. Just what sort of war do the planners think we will be getting involved in moving forwards?

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
The Treasury hate the cost centre which is the Military and the MoD
The joint chiefs parochial, blinkered and poorly prepared for grown up accountancy.

The perfect symbiotic relationship

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
I don't think it helps that Hammond was formerly Sec of State for Defence. My guess is that he probably thinks that because he used to oversee the Armed Forces; he now believes he can carry on the cost-cutting he started whilst in the job. Fallon; being a criminally useless fecktard will just talk big whilst doing nothing.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
This reply from a online petition I signed.

Government responded:

Public sector workers deserve to have fulfilling jobs that are fairly rewarded. On 12 September we announced a move away from the 1% public sector pay policy, towards a more flexible approach on pay.

We still need to deal with our country’s debts to ensure we have a strong economy to enable us to invest in our public services. This means that we will continue to take a balanced approach to public spending.*

The Government will consider each specific workforce to ensure pay is set so that we can continue to both attract and hold on to the excellent staff that support our world-leading public services.

Before we make final decisions on pay awards, we will seek the views of the eight independent Pay Review Bodies, which will consider the evidence on how we ensure we attract and retain the very best people within our public services, like giving people more flexibility over their working hours.

They will report in Spring 2018, at which point we will consider their recommendations and announce public sector pay awards for each of those workforces.

HM Treasury

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

FOMz

Warrant Officer
If anyone has just watched the news about the budget and public money available to the Chancellor for the next year... you might find that even 1% us a pipe dream.....

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Could make things interesting for 'us oldies' as we watch the declared CPI rate for September (due to be released on 17 October), and the subsequent effect on Pensions in April 18.

needsabiggerfuse

Flight Sergeant
Could make things interesting for 'us oldies' as we watch the declared CPI rate for September (due to be released on 17 October), and the subsequent effect on Pensions in April 18.

Who remembers Gideon's howls of despair in 2011? A precision hit IRRC when CPI momentarily peaked at 5.2%. :pDT_Xtremez_30: