• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2011 SAC-Cpl Promotion board

M

MooA

Any dates yet or number of people they are after? Flight Ops side that is.

FOMDude

SAC
Taken from the latest (Jul 11) TG9 Newsletter:

'SAC to Cpl Board. The SAC to Cpl Board will sit 30 Aug-7 Sep 11, with a pre-board quota of 47. '

Seems a lot at 47 but let us see what the announcement today will bring!

Please also bear in mind that these 'predictions' as they are now known are done 15mths prior to the board sitting.

Good luck!

Taken from the nice lady @ Air Cmd today (18 Jul) 0929 (L), just as I was having a brew staring out over the wastelands. Without a shadow of doubt its 05-09 Sep, I think I should know cos I have booked a room in Wyc towers for the duration. Somebody change the TG9 Website PLEEEZ.

Last edited:

FOMDude

SAC
Taken from the nice lady @ Air Cmd today (18 Jul) 0929 (L), just as I was having a brew staring out over the wastelands. Without a shadow of doubt its 05-09 Aug, I think I should know cos I have booked a room in Wyc towers for the duration. Somebody change the TG9 Website PLEEEZ.

5-9 Aug 11? or 5-9 Sep as per your original post? Are you convening on the board by chance? :pDT_Xtremez_42:

*Warning Senior moment * *Warning Senior moment *:pDT_Xtremez_42: Got a bit excited there for a mo, 05-09 Sep is the date, honest.

FOMDude

SAC
Senior moments are priceless sometimes lol!

So are you taking part in the aforementioned Prom Board or are you Observing?

47 seems a huge amount in the current climate?

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Is that 47 slots or 47 being looked at for xxx (well in reality x or -x) slots? :pDT_Xtremez_42:

FOMDude

SAC
FOMz - Promotion prediction is 47 according to the Jul TG9 Newsletter.

It is called a 'prediction' as crystal balls are now used :)

47 does seem a lot though so quite a few hopes and dreams will be scuppered.....

Off Topic
Hope Ze Netherlands is looking after you. Watch out for the crazy Bicycles....... :pDT_Xtremez_42:

I am just there to push the trolley with the tea and Jammy Dodgers on it. What could be significant is the reduction in the original dates which MAY mean a difference to the numbers required, as shown on the TG9 website.

Last edited:

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Off Topic
Hope Ze Netherlands is looking after you. Watch out for the crazy Bicycles....... :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Its like playing Frogger (remember that one?) but with Dutch people on bikes... bloody leathal.

Off Topic

True about the numbers, there will be some VERY disapointed people this year and for the foreseeable future I think.

Maybe the phrase 'Those that can't get promoted take a Commision' may be the way forward for some.

*Warning Senior moment * *Warning Senior moment * Got a bit excited there for a mo, 05-09 Sep is the date, honest.

Bellowyelly can not believe that you are admiting to a Senior moment.:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Good to know you are on the SAC / Cpl Prom board.....now I really can blame you for something.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Still holding that tenner for you, am considering charging you rent for the space it is taking up.:pDT_Xtremez_35:

Those who live in glass houses Part time PFOM!!! I will come and collect it on my farewell tour:pDT_Xtremez_35: see your PM. A bit of time chillin at the big house will be OK and its got to be better than being in the flatlands. Still, my excavations continue, not sure if I can dig under the wash though!

M

MooA

Well I read on the manning website a few days ago it's 5-7 Sep and due to the SDSR they are looking for 30 people.

Guess they will be looking for the best of the best of the best Sir, so fingers crossed, I'll be one of them. :)