• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2007 BBC Sports Personality of the Year

2007 BBC Sports Personality of the Year

• Paula Radcliffe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Christine Ohuruogu

• Justin Rose

• Andy Murray

• Jason Robinson

• Jonny Wilkinson

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
S

Seymour Tw@tt

It's that time of year when the great, the good and the royally connected are put forward for BBC Sports Personality of the Year. The contenders this year are:

Lewis Hamilton
Ricky Hatton
Joe Calzaghe
Paula Radcliffe
Christine Ohuruogu
Justin Rose
James Toseland
Andy Murray
Jonny Wilkinson
Jason Robinson

My money would be on either Calzaghe or Hatton (depending on whether the latter beats Mayweather), but Lewis Hamilton will probably clinch the popular vote, and rightly so. What a phenomenal talent. I'd like to see Toseland recognised, he's won the World Superbikes for the second time. Same for Justin Rose, he's won the European Order of Merit. Not happy about Ohuruogu, there's something a trite dodgy in missing 3 drug tests...

Whoever wins has got to be an improvement on last year's winner. No f*cking surprises in THAT choice, was there?

:pDT_Xtremez_17:

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer
Whoever wins has got to be an improvement on last year's winner. No f*cking surprises in THAT choice, was there?

:pDT_Xtremez_17:

But Seymour, she has actually won a world champship at her sport that year, unlike Beckham or some other people who have won the BBC Camera. Lewis to most likely get it thanks to him making F1 watchable again.

tommo9999

Higher Pay Band Shiney
Calzaghe or Hatton for me. Hamilton has done well, but the winner should be someone who has actually achieved something, and his time will surely come. I'd quite like to see someone like AP McCoy recognised. Consistently the best jump jockey over the last few years, yet he never seems to get wider recognition.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
My money would be on either Calzaghe or Hatton (depending on whether the latter beats Mayweather

Calzaghe or Hatton for me. Hamilton has done well, but the winner should be someone who has actually achieved something, and his time will surely come.

I totally agree mate. Seymour has the right of it too.
Calzaghe for me, unless Ricky Hatton knocks Mayweather out in which case he should win the award (I hope he doesn't though as Joe is a Welshman !! :pDT_Xtremez_30: ).

P

Pan Warrior

Same as

Same as

Calzaghe or Hatton depending on the outcome of the big fight this weekend, for me. both are outstanding experts in the ring.

A gay man decides to get a tattoo on his buttocks.

On arrival at the tattooist he spots a picture of the heavyweight boxer

Evander Holyfield.

"Oh! He's my favorite darling. Can you do him on the cheek of my ass?"

he asked the tattooist.

So it was done. On the way out of the store he spotted another picture

on the wall, this time Mike Tyson.

"Oh, good Lord!" the queer blurted out. "I just adore Iron Mike! Can you

do him on my other cheek?"

So it was done. On returning home, his boyfriend says, "Well, drop your

trousers, give us a look."

He dropped his pants and showed his ass.

His boyfriend gasped and replied, "I think our relationship is over! I

sure as hell ain't getting in the ring with those two.

theladf

Cynic & Conspiracy Theorist
Apparently the voting is still going on during the show so if Hatton beats Mayweather he will in my opinion probably win,(reasonable odds at the moment) although its a BBC poll!!!! If Steve McLaren wins it's definitely dodgy (or the Scots & Welsh have ganged up:pDT_Xtremez_19: )the thing is even though Lewis Hamilton had a great season people tend to take notice of the more recent events, (whenever there is a poll for greatest album etc it tends to be the more recent music that now gets picked over other classics because it is of "now") personally I would vote for either Joe Calzaghe or James Toseland. Another point I have not watched this programme for years now but given that BBC sport cover hardly anything now how many times will you see "pictures courtesy of sky/itv/eurosport/setanta" etc during the show? As for the woman who missed several drugs tests how is she nominated? Try that when CDT visit and try to get you 3 times.

box-of-frogs

Corporal
could be a bit too late for Hatton even if he does win. I'd like to see Toseland win. Can a poll be added to this? Can't be bothered to vote properly!!!

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
I would like to see Joe Calzaghe win but i think he will come 3rd...my prediction is :

1st Ricky Hatton
2nd Lewis Hamilton
3rd Joe Calzaghe/James Toseland

Crack on............:pDT_Xtremez_09:

mild mannered janitor

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
while i think hamilton had a great first season he didnt win and second place is the first loser:pDT_Xtremez_21:
toseland on the other had has already won two world titles

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
I was torn between Justin Rose and Lewis Hamilton as Rose has been the shining light in British golf this year, and he's had some good finishes in the majors and Volvo Order of Merit. However, as has already been pointed out, Hamilton has been a near-consistent performer this year and has made F1 watchable.

The Team of The Year should go to the England Rugby Team.

rugby then work

Cider Drinker
I'd like Joe Calzaghe to win it, but I think it'll be between Hamilton and Hatton. As it's already been said, the result will hinge on the fight in the early hours of tomorrow.