• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

154 Entry appo's RAF Halton

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
Oh fcuk.................... she wasn't that little fat cornish wraf was she..............? :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Hmmm, I knew a little fat Cornish wraf 'quite well' 20 years ago at Halton.

Which course fired up the palloust outside the officers mess and put the car on the roof of the block?

H

Halton

Early Entries

Early Entries

Whats with all these threads, extolling Entries with numbers up there in the HUNDREDS.

I Was one of the 37th Plumbers ~~ the last F/Arm Entry at Halton.

Most "memorable memory" I have is of the Memningittus scare in 1938,
When we did a number of "Full Kit" Route marches to Tring.

Am now 88 Yrs old, & dont suppose that theres many of us left.

Hope to visit Halton next year (2011), when I intend to go to UK for a few weeks, from Australia.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Good grief, sir!!

What did you train on? ........the siege engine?

(Halton, I hear, is much the same)

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Whats with all these threads, extolling Entries with numbers up there in the HUNDREDS.

I Was one of the 37th Plumbers ~~ the last F/Arm Entry at Halton.

Most "memorable memory" I have is of the Memningittus scare in 1938,
When we did a number of "Full Kit" Route marches to Tring.

Am now 88 Yrs old, & dont suppose that theres many of us left.

Hope to visit Halton next year (2011), when I intend to go to UK for a few weeks, from Australia.

Not sure how they worked things in those days but a few mentions of 37th entry come up in searches:

Couple here on here:
http://www.oldhaltonians.co.uk/pages/rememb/gall/gall.htm

There is a stained glass window here:
http://www.oldhaltonians.co.uk/pages/rememb/windows/windows.htm

One for S2...Close enough:
http://www.7t5.co.uk/Church Windows Cropped/155th P1150450.jpg

Get Tae

Flight Sergeant
Which course fired up the palloust outside the officers mess and put the car on the roof of the block?

The palloust was the 151's, I know the man who used his rover SD to tow it down there.

As for the car on the roof I seem to remember a hillman imp on the entrance roof of the 148 block when we turned up. It was also filled with horse sh1t, as were all the rooms, beds, lockers and even swear works rubbed on the wall with said poo, which was a nice touch.
The bed bolts had also been removed and thrown onto the block surrounds so if you were slow then you didnt get any bolts, nice nights sleep (something that was thin on the ground for the first 6 months :) ).

Get Tae

Flight Sergeant
They sprayed the goats beards purple too if I remember correctly.

We painted our goat red the night before pass out, unfortunatly the guys used cyanide based paint and the next morning the poor fecker was found upside down in its pen with its legs in the air stiff as a board.

B

billy bollox

Did your lot fill the underpass with painted scrap cars? i remember having a chuckle at that when i was there.

that was 152. The crappy Allegro with dents all over and the old Citroen painted in lt blue and white (Entry Colours).

Pigs came up to the block and told us to move them or the cost would be taken out of our Entry funds. "Fine, crack on " we said....we shared funds with sister Entry 155....they paid for the removal!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Even then, we did budgets!

Lincsmatt

LAC
Qoute: As for the car on the roof I seem to remember a hillman imp on the entrance roof of the 148 block when we turned up. I'm sure that was the 146's that did that to the 149's on their arrival (i have photo's). At least they didn't use my Imp!!

Last edited: