• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1.5 mile run

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcguire123

Having spoken with recruiting sgt's recently ive manged to answer my own question regarding the run, apparently there is'nt one.
I'm reliably informed that my only phys tests at Halton next year will be the BEEP TEST and either a 5km or 5 mile tab with 75lb's loaded into a bergen.
There is i assume a swimming test, i believe its over 50 metres, but what is this GROW BAG people keep referring to?
Also, it seems a shame that there is no 1.5 mile run, as i had worked bloody hard to get my time down to 11.5 minutes, well inside the 13.5 i had been quoted.
There seem to be so many rumours on here, i dont know if its just confusion over the training differences between the regt gunners, auggies and reg's, if indeed there are any.
If anyone can help clarify which bits of info i should take onboard i'd be grateful.
Cheers
Steve

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Having spoken with recruiting sgt's recently ive manged to answer my own question regarding the run, apparently there is'nt one.
I'm reliably informed that my only phys tests at Halton next year will be the BEEP TEST and either a 5km or 5 mile tab with 75lb's loaded into a bergen.
There is i assume a swimming test, i believe its over 50 metres, but what is this GROW BAG people keep referring to?
Also, it seems a shame that there is no 1.5 mile run, as i had worked bloody hard to get my time down to 11.5 minutes, well inside the 13.5 i had been quoted.
There seem to be so many rumours on here, i dont know if its just confusion over the training differences between the regt gunners, auggies and reg's, if indeed there are any.
If anyone can help clarify which bits of info i should take onboard i'd be grateful.
Cheers
Steve

Why post exactly the same stuff ?

Crack on.................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
but what is this GROW BAG people keep referring to?

Grow bag = slang term for an aircrew flying suit , can also be used to describe the wearer of the flying suit. Tashy's picture is of an aircrew flying suit hence it's a picture of a grow bag.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
You have a similar thread running already. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.