• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

£35 million aid but we didn't do it quick enough

Martin Blank

Sergeant
Sooooo the disaster has just happened and still ongoing in the Carribean everyone is still assessing the damage but the British Government gets a blasting for not responding fast enough.
WTF, are we supposed to deploy ships and planes into the ongoing hurricane just so we get boots on the ground the millisecond the wind stops.
Nothing like deploying the Blamethrower to grab some headlines.

sid the squid

Sergeant
while i am all for helping people in times of disaster etc, it still amazes me how the governments seem to find this money to help but cant seem to find ffff all for the uk to help our homeless, NHS and others

Ronsuddes

SAC
Cumbria desperately needed £4m for flood relief following devastating floods, but the Government cut it back to £3m as we couldn't afford it, the NHS is on the verge of collapse, housing is taken by so called refugees whilst ex-servicemen are homeless living on the streets. lets look after our own first, second and third - as for the £12 Billion wasted in Overseas Aid.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Charity begins at home, so go f**k yourselves all those a-holes demanding action. We should pack an aircraft with 'celebs' and send it out to the affected areas so that they can do some 'hands-on' work instead of whining like little bitches on television.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
There is the Caribbean duty relief ship out there tootling around...shouldn't take long for it to get there and start dishing out compo and pup tents.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Are these islands not British territories? and are the residents of the British Virigin Islands not UK citizens?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Virgin_Islands
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antigua_and_Barbuda

I wonder how the people above would feel if it were say Gib or the Falklands or Cyprus or Asi that fell foul of weather related emergencies.

Exactly the same way, unless of course you can show me the council estates on the British Virgin Islands and not the huge holiday homes for the rich. Is Cyprus British now?

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Is Cyprus British now?

Parts of it are ;) and if you go to Paphos.. the army of leather skinned gold chain wearing ex-pats would make you think it was. But you forget two words about the Carribean islands... Tax and Haven. ;)

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Just out of interest; is anyone having a go at the Saudi's, Iranians, Israeli's, French, Germans, Italians, Russians, Fijians et al for not responding fast enough? Why do they always look at us? Here are the United Nations in all of this? Isn't humanitarian relief part of their remit?

One last thought and this is mainly for the idiot known as Kay Burley (I know she's a regular on here), Weather events have only been recorded since around 1880, so dumbass statements like 'worst event in human history' are ever so slightly moronic.