• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Yanks mangling the English language

Old John

LAC
I was watching TV in bed last night and the adverts came on, so I flicked through the channels looking for anything interesting.
Spookily enough I chanced upon a programme about breast implants so I thought it rude not to watch it.
A septic plastic surgeon was fixing a failed boob job. (I would like to say the original implants had gone tits up, but I think they actually went tits down)

Anyway, the doc was removing the old implants but he described it as 'dis-inserting'.
Dis-inserting?? WTF?

Give me your examples of yank word mangling - go!

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Today's wordle word (1st Nov) is a fine example of spam spelling. Damn yanks also they also have tendency to miss letters out words colour - color etc. They pronounce things wrong Jacksonville Jaguars becomes Jag -wars not Jag-u-ars, Aluminium that's Al-u-min-ium ends up as A-loo-min-um.

UK and USA two nations divided by a common language

Last edited:

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Obligated - instead of obliged….

fourteen2two

Corporal
In books they say something fit well. I thought the past tense of to fit was fitted!
They pronounce the nautical term bouy- boo ee!

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
It really bugs me when they use "of" for no apparent reason.

Take the plate off of the table.

I have taken the coke off of the order.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
When Buble sings 'It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas' he adds an extra syllable to the final line by stating 'Sure, its Christmas once a-more'

Now I have pointed this out to you all, it's in your swede for life by the way.

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
When Buble sings 'It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas' he adds an extra syllable to the final line by stating 'Sure, its Christmas once a-more'

Now I have pointed this out to you all, it's in your swede for life by the way.
Bubble's Canadian.