• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Xv193 scotland 20 years tomorrow

Carwash

LAC
Although 20 years has passed still seems like yesterday to me. Raise a glass to those who are no longer here but not forgotten.

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Thanks for the comments, I'm Al's little brother.

Dave you had a top notch big bro, you meet a lot of people as you circulate around the RAF and many you cannot recall because they are just one of many, but AL wasn't one of those. I went through Lyneham in 1991 prior to being posted overseas and was assigned to Al's shift to do the training I needed before going. He went out of his way to help get me all the right signatures in the right boxes to make sure I got the training done quickly and easily, and he was extremely knowledgeable about the Hercules and its engines. As I said, a great tutor and a great bloke.

matkat

SAC
Dave you did indeed, I knew your Brother when he was in ASF at leuchars really still can't believe it was him but really I know it was, he really was a great guy and when he was promoted and left for Lyneham we were all pleased for him. Sorry for the late reply but not on here that much these days. Dave McG.