• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

XV Squadron Association

DHI

LAC
Served on XV Squadron? Why not keep up with what's going on at the RAF's largest flying squadron. The association is always looking for new members and open to all who served.

Details from F/L Elle Hillard. XV(R) Squadron. RAF Lossiemouth. 95161-7523 / 0134381-7523. helen_hillard@hotmail.co.uk

Last edited:
F

FairyGoodGuy

Served on XV Squadron? Why not keep up with what's going on at the RAF's largest flying squadron. The association is always looking for new members and open to all who served.

Details from F/L Elle Hillard. XV(R) Squadron. RAF Lossiemouth. 95161-7523 / 0134381-7523. helen_hillard@hotmail.co.uk

I was never on XV Sqn but can I join anyway ???

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Why not keep up with what's going on at the RAF's largest flying squadron

Any chance of another edit....you missed out the words "non-operational" in between largest and squadron.

Cheers......now back in the kitchen like a good girl.

Crack on...............:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Any chance of another edit....you missed out the words "non-operational" in between largest and squadron.

Cheers......now back in the kitchen like a good girl.

Crack on...............:pDT_Xtremez_09:

After that, insert 'but hardest working' after operational.

Sorry tashy but that should read not "currently" operational they have plenty of battle honours to their name. And I reiterate that hardest working part too, infact they've been doing the ops sqn's work due to ARF's one fairy being Deputy Dog this week.

G

gemarriott

not to forget XV ranked with the very best of WW2 dropping Tallboy on missions as one of the few elite bomber squadrons.

Proud XVer 1975-78 when we had real aeroplanes,

Whoooooose doing it?

Realist78

Master of my destiny
I am sorry all, I really must stop dangling the hook at XV.....it's too easy to get a bite....like shooting fish in a barrel.

Crack on...........:pDT_Xtremez_09:

That wasn't a bite, just a correction to reflect the truth.:pDT_Xtremez_28:

T

the_boy_wizard

I am sorry all, I really must stop dangling the hook at XV.....it's too easy to get a bite....like shooting fish in a barrel.

Crack on...........:pDT_Xtremez_09:

I think i may know why people bite so much TM. Its so simple........you have no clue. As has been said countless times by many people, you havent worked there, so it is not possible to have a well informed opinion. You never know, if you did get posted there, you may enjoy it. I did.
And lets face it, its only the Riggers that work hard on any sqn, fairies just sit and whinge about how many nails they broke the night before!!:pDT_Xtremez_15:

CodeMonkey

Flight Sergeant
I think i may know why people bite so much TM. Its so simple........you have no clue. As has been said countless times by many people, you havent worked there, so it is not possible to have a well informed opinion. You never know, if you did get posted there, you may enjoy it. I did.
And lets face it, its only the Riggers that work hard on any sqn, fairies just sit and whinge about how many nails they broke the night before!!:pDT_Xtremez_15:

No the fairies winge about how many towing teams they have to man because harry the bstard is on the rects desk and thinks only the fairies are in the T-Bar:pDT_Xtremez_15:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
No the fairies winge about how many towing teams they have to man because harry the bstard is on the rects desk and thinks only the fairies are in the T-Bar:pDT_Xtremez_15:

See, this just proves a point...if the fairies on 15 can man more than 1 towing team then you have too many personnel.

I have never had any wish to be on an OCU, Training unit etc as I have enjoyed my yearly trips to the sand and then the better ones that come along..all part and parcel of being on an operational sqn. Hats off to all you guys that have been and are still on XV as you do the same as us but without the perks (and how you must love flying on a friday afternoon !!!).

WTG....our heroes.....Crack on.............

CodeMonkey

Flight Sergeant
See, this just proves a point...if the fairies on 15 can man more than 1 towing team then you have too many personnel.

I have never had any wish to be on an OCU, Training unit etc as I have enjoyed my yearly trips to the sand and then the better ones that come along..all part and parcel of being on an operational sqn. Hats off to all you guys that have been and are still on XV as you do the same as us but without the perks (and how you must love flying on a friday afternoon !!!).

WTG....our heroes.....Crack on.............

Well only said something after the fourth towing team in a row and yes we were busy aswell. Doesnt happen when the rects controller changes his mind every 5 seconds about how many and which jets he wants prepped for OOA. No longer on XV but seen many a snag caused by both baby jockeys and QFIs.

Gloworm

LAC
Just to let any of you ex XV Cold War Warriors know that Andy Wright (aka Maggot) has passed away, another of the old and the bold, I have been looking for Andy for a number of years, he died of cancer about five years back apparently.

Anyone knowing any further details of him, family, whereabouts etc, please pm details.

GW