• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WSOp and Eyesight

T

TKS

I haven't needed glasses my whole life, but now I know I do. Haven't actually gone for a test yet but at this stage I know it's just a formality and to find out just how much it has degraded.

Anyway, I asked at the AFCO in my first initial "interview" (wouldn't even call it that, more of just filling in the app form than actually talking) how much it affects my chances, she said it doesn't matter that much, but I should get them checked (obviously), the answer she gave seemed quite ambiguous but I guess it all depends on how bad my eyesight could be.

I just wanted to know from anyone who's already in there as a WSOp or have gone through the medical etc.. just how much glasses/eyesight affects your chances of getting in to that path. Just looking for a solid answer on the matter.

Also, I'm 19, if that makes a difference.

Cheers.

:pDT_Xtremez_44:

RAF doesn't fly Attack Helicopters do they? Isn't that an Army Air Corps sort of thing.

T

Turtle

WSOp Eyesight

WSOp Eyesight

You definatly need to get your eyes checked out.

Eye sight requirements are:

6/24 with a range of -2 to +3.

Once you have a perscription go and see your AFCO again and they will get you to fill out a medical supplement which will be sent to Cranwell for confirmation.

Hope this helps

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
As Above

As Above

If you said you are going for WSOp then the AFCO should have given you the an eye test form, even if you let them know that you need glasses. You would have signed a form saying whether or not you have a eye sight problem, for WSOp they should have given you the form if you don't have any doubts about your eyesight.

Ring them and ask them to send you the form, there's no point going forward to selection if your eyesight does not meet the standard, you'll be able to save yourself some hassle or reassure yourself, depending on the result.

T

TKS

Yeah I have the eye test form. I need to fill it out and bring it back to the presentation in a few weeks time. Thanks for posting those numbers there Turtle, although I don't really understand what they mean though.

I just wanted to know how much having glasses means for a job like WSOp.

Hopefully my eyes are not too bad and they'll let me in even with glasses.