• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Would like information on old aircraft magazines please

foxOneFive

Corporal
Hello all. A good friend of mine, father passed away recently at 93. He was well into his aircraft.
He found magazines in his attic, around 50 called " The Aeroplane" between 1952-1955, out every Friday for 1 shilling and sixpence.
He gave them to me to read and very interesting. I said once I've read them I will sell them for him on ebay etc.
Not so much for the money, but rather they went to a good home rather than the bin.
I've done some online research etc and can't find much apart from this (The weekly The Aeroplane launched in June 1911 under founding editor C. G. Grey)
Hopefully somebody can enlighten me of what they are worth, if anything? And nutloose if you are reading this any chance you can put this on Pprune as I was unable to upload the Photo. Many thanks in advance.