• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Working for Charity

T

Tyn

If anybody is considering a career working for a charity, or elsewhere in the voluntary or community sector, I am happy to offer advice.

I left 3 years ago now with the following career objectives:

1. I didn't want to wear a tie.

2. I wanted to do something useful for the community in which I live.

3. I didn't want long hours or lots of stress.

My first job was as an employment advisor for a charity helping the unemployed back into work. I have since moved to another charity in which I manage a similar project. (OK - I now have to wear a tie!).

The sector has a lot to offer ex-service personnel, and I meet a lot of of ex-service personnel who have done like me. If you want to know more by all means discuss on the forum or PM me.

B

Bluntend

I joined the RAF with the same intentions - failed on all three counts. Still, at least I could say I worked for a charity.

I'll get my coat...

P

PandA

tyn, arent the wages in the charity sector rather low?

what qualifications etc are needed?

N

NotAnIDOYet

Have a friend working for the RBL in London town, can give you her details if you like via PM