• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worcester sign Latham

rugby then work

Cider Drinker
Just read that Worcester have signed Chris Latham on a 2 year deal, LINK.

Latham is a world class player and may well be able to help develop some of the youngsters at Worcester but I think that the RFU need to seriously look at the amount of foreign players coming into the premiership to finish their careers (and take the bigger wages available here). If we’re not careful rugby could start to have the same problems as football where the talented youngsters are struggling to get a game due to the excess of foreign imports.

P

PD TC

rugby then work;193140[COLOR=black said:
] If we’re not careful rugby could start to have the same problems as football where the talented youngsters are struggling to get a game due to the excess of foreign imports.[/COLOR]

I think we're already well down that path mate, but completely agree it needs looking at now. It clearly already happening as southern hemisphere sides are already concerned at the talent drain. Take a look at this little snippet.

A

auchtermuchty

In the article he mentions that he is looking forward to joining Worcester in the premiership next year............... thats a little presumptive being as they have only managed 4 points from 7 games! If it wasnt for Leeds they would already be looking at relegation and its not even Christmas.

Still, that said If they stay up, then they need to find a pack to give what is a good backline the ball. With Latham coming will Delport move to the wing? (What a back three that is - Delport, Gear and Latham) Next signing must be a quality back rower imho.

wolfy

Warrant Officer
I think we're already well down that path mate, but completely agree it needs looking at now. It clearly already happening as southern hemisphere sides are already concerned at the talent drain. Take a look at this little snippet.

I agree, England too some extent is beholden to the clubs like football. Also too many competitions adds to fixture congestion and extra games for players.

As far as players from other countries we should limit the non european players allowed to play or make some minimum number of home players that have to be in a side, thus limiting the amount of foreign players.

tommo9999

Higher Pay Band Shiney
They're not all here to "finish their careers" - look at McAllister at Sale. Be under no illusions, they're here for the cash, pure and simple. And it must be boatloads they're getting - the NZRFU offered Carl Hayman "help" to set himself up with a farm and livestock, and he still turned them down in favour of Newcastle!!! They can say what they like, they are here for the wonga. Simple as.

W

wgaf

Lets not beat about the bush here, as tommo says they're here for the money. If anyone thinks the salary cap is working then I suggest you open your eyes. The clubs not only pay the wages they actively seek 'payed employment' for the higher earning players. Basically this means that the player will play for the club and get payed by them but once or twice a week/month, they'll represent a company at a function, the company will also pay the player a wage, boosting the players income and beating the salary cap.