• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will i make it through ?

M

macca1712

I have appleid to join the RAF and i now have my medical next week. I am slightly concerned and confused about whether a knee injury i picked up 2 years ago should have any affect on me joining ?

It was an injury i picked up playing football wjere i ruptured my liagments in my knee. I am now fully recovered but just concerned about if this will have an affect.

I am back playing semi-pro level football again now and it hasn't bothered me since i underwent physio/ultrasound.

It has never been operated on though !

Sorry for the long post but ant thoughts ?

K

konic

You're best bet would be to contact the AFCO.

Which ligaments did you rupture? On the Medical info sheets for OASC they state that a rupture of the ACL is an automatic bar. Saying that I know of someone who has become an Officer with a surgically repaired ACL (and particularly awesome scar from the surgery). Get yourself in contact with the AFCO. They will sort out who to contact and then the qualified person will be able to give you an informed answer.

Hopefully they will find it to be ok.

M

macca1712

Yeah i contacted the AFCO in Liverpool but nobody seem to give a definate answer. The AFCO said if it hasn't been operated on then you may be ok but if you have had ACL reconstruction then thats an auto bar which i cant get my head round considering you come back stronger from the operation.

The RAF recruitment line said i should be fine aslong as i can prove its not affecting me any more i dont no who to believe.

Just dont want to build up my hopes after getting this far to be let down.:pDT_Xtremez_25:

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Best way is go for it. Who knows best - a recruiter of the Medical Officer?

Man up and crack on!