• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Whats the problem with the rocks???

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unkychopchop

As much as it pains me to say this I had to go and visit the rockery a couple of weeks ago to complete my annual dreaded ccs.
How wrong could I have been!!! Most of the rocks were happy and smiling, they were unusually pleasant and the day seemed to pass quicker than a normal day in sh1tville/ mong ts, why is this??? Why were all of the rocks happy?? Is it due to the absence of one particular FECKING B3LL END?? or did I happen to visit on the annual "lets be civil to a techie day?" or maybe they had just all indulged in a spot of mutual m8sterbation?? Who can say.
One thing is for sure now that the P3NILE SPLINT no longer works there, what a pleasant place it now is.

P

pie sandwich

You must have been sniffing hyd oil again, happy amiable rocks that are nice to techies dont exist :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Goatherdingsplitter

Rebel without a clue
You must have been sniffing hyd oil again, happy amiable rocks that are nice to techies dont exist :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Funny though that whenever that horse riding, falling off motorbike arm-breaking miserable **** was on leave from Cosford, the rockery was a happier place. We've got a good bunch at my current place as well.

Blindfire

LAC
Guys spent my whole career working with regt as a tech(JAFAD) and to be honest most were all good guys - however like any section you always get a few nobbers.

W

wgaf

It's not just Cosford. Me, S2 and wobbly were on IRT the other week and I've got to say it was one of the best weeks I've had in years. The rocks went out of their way to be helpful and made it a bit of a blast.

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I'll go with what others have said, the Rocks seem to have moved on from the annual techie bashing session dressed up as military skills training to teaching you useful and interesting skills and drills.

Our local Rockery gets a big thumbs up from me! I dread the day the Pongos "teach" us WHT!

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
I did IDT and IRT at To$$ford just over a year ago and - with one midget-ar$ed exception - found all the Rocks to be top drawer. Mind you, most of them remembered me from Laarbruch which may not have been a good thing!

Just so I don't have to faff about creating a new thread: I did my CCS yesterday (a much better course than it used to be IMO). In the weapons lesson, the instructor talked us through one of the drills and told us to 'forward assist'. Now apart from giving Penguins Suck a hard on, I thought we didn't do that with the A2? If any Rocks would be kind enough to give us the definitive yea or nay, I'd appreciate it.

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
I reckon they must have all been sent on a "How to get the most out of students course" in about 2000 as all regt sections seemed to have lightened up a bit. There must have been a change in training doctrine/policy or something.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
I cant be ar5ed to trawl through all the threads but................CCS is changing according to our rocks.
Depending where you are and how often you deploy depends on whether you do yearly CCS or biannual CCS (huh huh! I said Bi!!:pDT_Xtremez_15: )
Biannual doesnt include gas either and first aid will go to lesson based rather than being taught the new way and examined on the old way!

A

Albert Park

I cant be ar5ed to trawl through all the threads but................CCS is changing according to our rocks.
Depending where you are and how often you deploy depends on whether you do yearly CCS or biannual CCS (huh huh! I said Bi!!:pDT_Xtremez_15: )
Biannual doesnt include gas either and first aid will go to lesson based rather than being taught the new way and examined on the old way!
Twice a year? That's biannual. Or do you mean biennial? Once every two years.

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
CCS has changed here, and yesterday I was on the 3rd course to be run to the new syllabus. We still have to do it annually.

The course is much less "death by powerpoint", much more relevant in terms of things like combat first aid, operational stress management, etc. Weapons and NBC (sorry, CBRN as we now have to call it) are the same as before but there is no tick test and the qualification shoot at the end of the day is hard enough that 7 out of 25 had to go back today to shoot again.

G

GmanJock

At the moment quite a lot of Rocks around Honington have just passed out. Most of my mates lol, and theyr all good guys

to be honest i thought the majority of the Gunners down there were overall a good laugh :pDT_Xtremez_14:

G

GmanJock

Guys - been out a while now but wtf is a forward assist?????????

When you manually release the working parts forward, tapping the Cocking handle to make sure the parts are fully forward, is called a Forward Assist

feeling slightly like geek....

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
I think the topic of the regiment instructors at Cosford has run it's course.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.