• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Whats happening to Radio 2??

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katinthehat

Good grief!!
Whatever is happening to Radio 2???
Last week we had ZZ Top..... now a bit of Bon Jovi!!

Whatever next??
Metallica??
Thunder??

Oh I hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_28:

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
Good grief!!

Whatever next??
Metallica??
Thunder??

They've played the Darkness, Europe were on the morning quiz just now and they've even played "Hayseed Dixie (The Ace of Spades)" before

wolfy

Warrant Officer
Good grief!!

Whatever next??
Metallica??
Thunder??

Quite a regular occurance these days although not as much as you might like but at least its a step in the right direction.

K

katinthehat

True - prefer Planet Rock, but this does while I am trying to revise!!!
Stops me singing too loudly at the top of my voice to songs I should have forgotten years ago!!!

Just struck me how much more Rock stuff they have been playing lately - and I dont mean at silly o'clock either - mean during the mainstream daytime shows!!

Keep it up I say!!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_28:

TrenchardsLoveSock

Flight Sergeant
It's just a sign of how old we are getting that Radio 2 now plays the stuf we like:pDT_Xtremez_21:

I find it really depressing when Steve Wright's "Golden Oldies" were all chart toppers during my school years::(:

K

katinthehat

It's just a sign of how old we are getting that Radio 2 now plays the stuf we like:pDT_Xtremez_21:

I find it really depressing when Steve Wright's "Golden Oldies" were all chart toppers during my school years::(:

Does tend to make you sit there and think "Was it REALLY that long ago???"
Time seems to have flown since I reached about 21 - and yet the songs from my formative years are as fresh now as ever!!

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
Heard "Run to the Hills" on Planet last night and the DJ reminded me that it was released 25 years ago. How depressing!! Mind you, I did perk up when he played "Sanctuary" straight after

B

Buphoonery

There does seem to be a resurgence of rock music around these days, lots of new releases and bands on tour........ Does this mean all of us old Rock Dinosaurs are once again going to be "cool"?

K

katinthehat

Well cant fault it now!!
Patti Smith..... now there is a track!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Oh and Buph - you will never be cool!!!!

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Two weeks ago, driving past Newport. Driving sedately :pDT_Xtremez_15: on the radio...... Sex pistols Anarchy in the UK :pDT_Xtremez_17: on Radio 2 !

TrenchardsLoveSock

Flight Sergeant
There does seem to be a resurgence of rock music around these days, lots of new releases and bands on tour........ Does this mean all of us old Rock Dinosaurs are once again going to be "cool"?

Some scrote I was talking to the other week was telling me that as Rock Dinosaurs, we will never be cool.

Even though The Fratellis blatantly rip-off T-Rex, they are "cool" but T-Rex is not. The same goes for Wolf Mother vs Black Sabbath. I nearly ****ted him when he went on to say that Mica is cooler than Freddy Mercury.

Face-to-face trolling at it's finest.:pDT_Xtremez_25:

K

katinthehat

Two weeks ago, driving past Newport. Driving sedately :pDT_Xtremez_15: on the radio...... Sex pistols Anarchy in the UK :pDT_Xtremez_17: on Radio 2 !

Oh excellent SB!!!
That is enough to put a smile on anyones face!!
Gone are the days they shocked and upset everyone over 30!!!
That 30 something generation (ok, so I started young!!) - 40 something for you old gits - are now the mainstay of the audience for said radio station - so I guess we will hear more and more of this stuff - fingers crossed!!!!

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Just a quick reminder, or sobering thought.
Boston - Boston
was released in 1976...... 31 years ago and it is still selling like hot cakes.
Rush, with Neil on the drums have been together since 1974.
33 years ago......... Boy oh boy do I feel old.

Saxon was the first metal album I bought off a schoolmate who didn't like it.

I bought Iron Maidens debut (With Paul Di'anno) for the princely sum of £1 in 1980 from Rainbow records in Pontypridd.

My first 2 singles were Mud - tiger feet and Suzy Quattro - Devil gate drive they cost me 45 new pence each. :pDT_Xtremez_09: that was in around 1972 ish..... perhaps !

K

katinthehat

My first single - Queens Bohemain Rhapsody - was a Christmas prezzy from my folks - my cousins used to play it sooooooooo loudly through the walls (as they lived next door!!) that I had no choice but to like it!! I was 5!!!
The first single I bought myself by physically going into a record shop, was Rainbow - All Night Long - at the tender age of 10!!! Think it cost me something silly like 79p!!!
Those were the days!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.