• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is your favourite thing about RAuxAF

beowulf

Sergeant
No offense but the never ending questions about recruitment are a bit tedious.

I was on here before I joined so maybe there are lurkers out there wanting to know a bit about what we do. So I was thinking we may like to post some thoughts on what we like most about serving with the RAuxAF?

I will start: I enjoy the mates I have made and the banter that you can partake in.

So what makes you come back month after month?

Not been that long since I joined, but I also enjoy the banter, with a good bunch of guys & girls.

Also provides a great opportunity to just forget about what is going on in your civy/family life for a couple of days and crack on with something completely different.

Oh, and also the ability and opportunity to serve your country.

big_dawg

LAC
Yeah I enjoy the banter, the people I work with and also the work I do. Its good to get away from the "day job" (mine is very boring) and do something far more interesting and rewarding with the auggies.
I also like the feeling that im doing something for the country.

Being in the auggies can be very hard work at times but the rewards more than make up for it.

BD

Yep, the chance to put down the day job, and get on with something else - that's the main draw these days! (it's certainly not the money...)

Plus of course, the travel, the opportunity to learn new skills and make new mates.

In 20 years I've been all over the world, to places nice, and also less so, I'm qualified to drive a JCB, a Fork Lift and lots of other wonderful stuff.

At a school reunion the other day I met with friends who have only left the country as tourists... As an Oggie, the world I've seen is bigger, better and occasionally badder - but it has given me great opportunities, and my life has been made better because of them.

I'm sure that if I hadn't been an Oggie, my life would have turned out very differently!