• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What Happens

A

AshBen89

hello,

Can anyone tell me how long you have off between Phase 1 and Phase 2 training? I am going for Logistics Supply so i will be at RAF Halton for the best part of 6 months as both training phases are held here.

But is there a rest period between the two or do you just keep on trucking through??

Please can someone shine some light on this for me. Thank you very much :pDT_Xtremez_19:

MattBombHead

Sergeant
There isn't a specified time, you finish RTS, then hold on FDTF/SATT until you start your Phase 2 Trg.

It could only be a week or 2 or it could be a lot longer...

A

AshBen89

So do you just stay at RAF Halton till you get the go ahead? i assume fitness regime will play a part along with the normal daily routine or are you allowed home?

Just dont know what to expect at this point. Got my PRTC on the 25th of this month :)

Brackens

SAC
You may start phase two straight away after graduating but you wont know until near the end of RTS, if not then you may well get a week or two off. you will still get structured phys if you go onto holding flight and during phase two training but its more relaxed than on RTS and you can leave Halton at night and when your not working so if you live local you can pop home and you'll get most weekends off. don't think you can drink in the local pubs if i remember rightly but not 100% (i'm not a stacker)

A

AshBen89

So as with anything...wait and see?? just curious thats all. Havent even been atested yet so shouldnt worry about it untill the time!

Got my PRTC hopefully on the 24th MArch but who knows!! Never done a MSFT before! is it hard?

Brackens

SAC
Depends how fit you are doesn't it! i don't find it hard to get to 9:10 but cant go much above that. just remember, if you are just a few shuttles away and feel like you cant do anymore that your whole career could depend on those last few metres so don't stop until you throw up and even if you do then carry on!!

A

AshBen89

Yeah i adopted that mentality when i was doing my 2.4 km run for the PJFT

Well fingers crossed i should smash it. I have been listening to the bleeps at 9.10 and due to the fact i am 6ft3 i think may just break stride! :)