• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Were you on 2MT during Op Telic?

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
At the start of Op Telic there was an augmentee J/T fitter who ended up having one of the trucks written off when he removed the main ram without securing the cab. I have seen pictures of the aftermath with said J/T trying to explain himself to the Chief in the foreground when I was in Basra the year after. This young man is getting married in a few months and I am best man and this is the first moves I'm making towards his speech. I've three different accounts of what happened over the years so I reckon I'm starting to build up a fair picture but if you'd care to add some info then feel free.

Does anyone out there have those pictures and are willing to email me? Please PM me and I'll give you an email address. If you know who I'm talking about and have any other stories/pictures please don't hesitate to get in touch.