• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Well, it was the thought that counted......

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
The wife of one of our work colleagues is mad keen on cricket and is a member of Worcestershire Cricket Club. So, he thought it would be a marvellous 70th birthday present to take her to the 5th Ashes test in Sydney hoping at least to see a deciding test after a 2-2 thriller series.
OK maybe they'll get to see a face saving victory.
Or even an honourable draw.
But after 3 days......:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I know an ex stacker out there right now who is pretty disgusted with the team. They haven't even come out to thank the English support for turning up and watching their dismal performance. They shook with the Ozzies and then scurried away.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Ah yes the Ashes. Sad days indeed we have gone from convincing series winners to complete no hopers in a few short weeks. Trott and Swann have gone of their own accord others will need to be pushed. Poor Michael Carbury gathered a hat full of runs in the domestic game and has been on the fringe of the squad for years, got selected by virtue of the weight of runs scored for Hampshire, yet the test arena has proved one step to high. So we may have seen his one and only test series appearance. Matt Prior seemingly father time has caught him, so for him county cricket, and a lucrative T20, IPL, Big Bash twilight career beckons. Peterson's ego is now writing cheques his talent can't honour so IPL for him to I guess. Probably the last home series this summer for Jimmy Anderson to. Cook to stay plus Bell, Root and Broad, the new blood of Stokes, Ballance and Bairstow give hope for the future. When the great Aussie team of Warne, McGrath, Gilchrist, Hayden, Ponting etc ended the selectors were quite ruthless and ditched some of them 18 months early to keep the side balanced and blood the newbies. I feel England must be similarly ruthless at the next selectors meeting before the summer series starts.

The work colleague won't be to bothered I reckon he will see it as an opportunity for 2 more days wine tasting at local vineyards. :pDT_Xtremez_14: