• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Weekend training times

chris3005

LAC
Hi all

Before signing up I wanted to check what sort of times a training weekend starts? I am a 2hr min drive from the squadron I would want to join and didnt know if I'd have issues getting there after a 9-5 on a Friday?

Cheers guys

Entropy

Sergeant
It depends on the Sqn you are joining. My Sqn has a 19.30 report on a Friday night.

Also bear in mind that traffic is generally worse on a Friday and you will need time to change so you may need toad on extra time.

If this is a concern, then raise it with the Sqn when you talk to them.

Wobbly_Jon

Corporal
Weekend training times

Seems like this is a question for the sqn you want to join. My old sqn weekends kicked off at 08:00 on both Saturday and Sunday. For 20+ years I had to travel 250 miles to Norfukshire, so had to take time off from my real job on the Friday to attend.

Mag2grid

Corporal
REGT orientated Sqns tend to be late Friday night starts as they mostly go off to live in the bondu on their weekends. For the sane amoungst us its a 0745 on the Saturday for 0800 parade.