• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wearing of scabbard with white webbing

Hi guys, was looking through ap1358 for the answer but it doesn't actually mention the scabbard in there at all. Does anybody know if you have to be carrying a rifle to wear the scabbard on white webbing or whether it can be worn anyway. Was issued some from stores today for the wedding and I the stacker if I could still wear the scabbard even tho I wasn't going to be carrying a rifle and he didn't have a clue

Sniffer

Super Moderator
Personally I wouldnt bother its a nuisance when you are sat down and it doesnt stay put. If you want to be 100 % sure give the Drill team at Henlow a call.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
If you are not carrying a rifle you won't need a bayonet, if you haven't got a bayonet you won't need a scabbard, if you haven't got a scabbard you won't need the frog.

Ergo - plain white belt.

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Concur with Barch. If you are not carrying a rifle with bayonet, do not wear a scabbard. Most RAF types wouldn't know the drill for Fix/Unfix bayonets anyway.

Elwood

SAC
Just a scabbard???? I could understand a bayonet, but wearing a scabbard only makes it look like you have lost something!

MattBombHead

Sergeant
Personally I wouldnt bother its a nuisance when you are sat down and it doesnt stay put. If you want to be 100 % sure give the Drill team at Henlow a call.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'd give RAF D&C at Halton a call myself... 😉

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Correct. Semi formal stuff (Sunset Ceremonies etc) didn't need a big pointy knife that used to slice ears on parade ...