• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

War Pension offer ACL repair

Y

Yorkishire

I have been out the mob for 18 months after 23 years service.

Back in 1998 I snapped my ACL ligament, and ruptured other bits and pieces in my knee and lost half my knee cap, whilst playing rugby for the RAF. I had 3 operations and 12 months off work before being upgraded.

I have just had my claim for a war pension returned to me with a one off payment of £5700. Now whilst I am not comparing my injuries in any way shape or form to guys and girls injured in Afghan or Iraq, I was wondering what the going rate for compensation for an injury like this is.

Any others had similar injuries or sums offered.

Mag2grid

Corporal
Under the AFCS for an ligament injury (full thickness rupture, I'm not Orthapedic Surgeon mind) your looking at a scale 11 payout which is £13,750. That being said its bes case, if like me you tore your MCL and they refused to pay out because I was wearing Lowas rather then CABs....(go figure).

http://www.mod.uk/NR/rdonlyres/B84B...118tariff_for_internet_updated_for_vauseU.pdf

Have a look here if you havent already.

Again I dont know the in's/outs of the scheme, if you already have the war pension you cant claim under the AFCS for the injury I think. But the link above is a good place to start