• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

War Pension & Armed Forces Compo Scheme

Hello fello Goaters, I know this topic has been mentioned before in some capacity, but I thought I would just remind some of you of what you might miss out on.

The AFCS has replaced the old War Pension if you suffered an injury after April 2005. Before April 2005 it is still covered under the old War Pension scheme.

Now alarmingly I have just found out that an individual has 5 years from the date of the injury to submit a claim under the AFCS and it can be claimed whilst still serving in the mob. The British Legion all the good gen on their website and are very helpful. They will fight your case with the MoD for you.

I hope this helps and you dont miss out on anything should you be entitled to it.