• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Veterans Outreach Support [VOS]

HydraJoe

LAC
I thought there was a sticky thread about this subject somewhere. Maybe not. I will amend this first post after Christmas 2013 when our new full blown Website is up and running. Meanwhile see my further reply below.

HydraJoe

LAC
Just a quick update as a lot of things have been going on since I last posted in this thread.

We are now a registered Company and a registered Charity and operate as Veterans Outreach Support in our own right as coming under SSAFA/RBL/Combat Stress combined banner did not work out.

As a result we made a successful bid for LIBOR funding which we received and David Cameron announced it personally on Armed Forces Day in June from Afghanistan. We also had £5K from Seafarers UK and £5K from the RN & RM Charity in advance of this announcement to get us started on converting the old galley at the Royal Maritime Club into an Office and Consultation Room as our new Head Office. The LIBOR Funding of £414K will allow us to pay the clinicians for therapy sessions outside of the VOS Drop In day which all concerned attend Pro Bono. This will free up the Drop In for New Users as we were getting swamped every month with over 40 Service Users attending for either therapy or to see the Agencies. The Office Managers wages are also included in this funding. We now have to stride to attract funding to sustain VOS after this initial 2 year period of funding. Next year we will be in a position to roll VOS out Nationally.

We have a holding website at http://www.vosuk.org - keep your eye on it as it will be replaced by a new fully swept up website in the next few weeks. All Agencies involved will have their own page stating what they offer on a drop in day.

The next VOS Drop in at Portsmouth is on Wednesday 4th December 2013 from 1400 to 1900.