• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Veterans...do you know where to find assistance?

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
What's the general E-Goat consensus when veteran's "issues" are brought up?

Don't know?
Don't care?
I know someone who needs help but I can't get them to get help?

Anyone got any stories/experiences they can share?

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Very briefly and deliberately short of detail. When I was still a serving SNCO I approached the RAF bent elephant fund for some help for an elderly and ailing TB Snr. I naively thought that as a serving chap coupled with my current years of service that it might generate a small lever to accessing some help. Things moved at a glacial pace for some time. Upon discovering that TB Snr was a mere ex national service SAC the glacier came to shuddering halt. The hoop jumping became almost impossible and in the end I gave up trying. I will always wonder what if a demobbed SAC had been a Sqn Ldr retired then perhaps the outcome may have been somewhat different.

Last edited:

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Never needed them, had a bit of advice from the BF when leaving which was fair, wife used TRBL when she had her medical discharge which was really good, although they were over stretched.