• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Velcro ID badges and MTP

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
I'm thinking having blood group on your arm as an MTP flash is much easier to eyeball than going furtling for a downed guys dog tags.
Then again I'm probably wrong. Never done it for real.

Blood group on dog tags or on a Velcro patch on your arm, neither matters because both will be ignored and you will be cross matched anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Trusty Adjusty

Corporal
Currently in theatre, from what I've seen, the only people wearing them that could possibly argue value for them are aircrew and MERT teams - who to be fair only wear small ones and even then only affixed to their UBACs not MTP. Every squaddie I have seen with any form of patch id has always been on their Osprey, never on MTP - again, it is usually the designated ISAF patch with a small afghan flag and maybe a blood group.

The only chompers wearing custom patches with all manner of useless ****e on them, including Union Jacks in a vast array of tones, ZAP numbers, Ranks etc are ironically those personnel least likely to go outside the wire. I'm ashamed to say a lot of Techies think it is "cool" - it isnt, you look a c**t. There is no uniformity to the info on these patches and as such they look a bag of ****e.

If you want one made by the jinglies with your name, service, section on it etc for your bag then - a bit cabbagey -but fine, if you are not likely to be engaged by enemy fire, IED's etc then don't bother with the MTP ones, you'll look a right t**t.

Good replies.
From the feedback I'm getting it's only your Osprey that blood group designator benefits from, and even then it's not absolutely required. The MOLLE fittings and multiple Osprey attachments and pouches seem to be able to be configured in many different ways.
Last thing I want to be doing is walking around looking like a throbber.
Thanks for the replies.

UlsterExile

Sergeant
Good replies.
From the feedback I'm getting it's only your Osprey that blood group designator benefits from, and even then it's not absolutely required. The MOLLE fittings and multiple Osprey attachments and pouches seem to be able to be configured in many different ways.
Last thing I want to be doing is walking around looking like a throbber.
Thanks for the replies.

You hit the nail right on the head. This is something you want to avoid unless your on patrol with all the gear and taking on terry, then you can have what ever you like attached to you IMHO.